Chapter 62

"You!" Damian pulled out his katana. "Apparently he was willing to betray all of us because he thought Mara was going to die and he was mad because he found out we're siblings! I have a brother!" Amara giggled still a little delirious from the brain injury.

"You believe this?" Damian looked at her bewildered, "kind of.." she scratched her lips, Damian took a second to finally look at her. "How'd you get all these scars?" His fingers rubbed over one on her forehead, trailing over the bumps on her lips. "I tried singing my way out so they sewed my lips shut no big deal" she shrugged beginning to walk down the hallway. "I say we trust him for now and if we're outnumbered we offer him as a sacrifice" Amara told them the two contemplating it before nodding. "Gee guys I'm feeling the love it's not like we were best friends or anything.." Evan grumbled.

"It's not like you've attempted to kill 2/3 of us" Amara sassed back. "You should be careful he might go 3 for 3" she told Mara.

"Make your way back to the ship, we have her" Damian spoke into the comms.
'I lost Jay but I'm heading back now'

'I sent Vivian out, Jason and Bart aren't responding'

"Dick head back we'll find them" Amara spoke into Damian's comm.

"Lead the way" she motioned for them and Mara took the lead. "Barts here? And Vivian?" Amara asked Damian to which he smirked, "yes Bart is here" he sent a pointed look to his cousin who glared at him.

"What's going on here?" Amara looked between the two. "Nothing" Mara told her looking at Damian pointedly.

"Tell me later" she mouthed to which he nodded.

"Bart as in hyper boy?" Evan questioned Mara who seemed to glare harshly at him.

They turned a corner that led to the main yard, they unsheathed their weapons preparing for a fight. The second the door opened they were met with Jason and Bart surrounded by the entire league, Vivian was held by two assassins restraining her.

"Seriously" Amara sighed raising her hands in surrender.

————
Amara and the others had now all been injected with the lethal dose. The one that would make you cough up your insides. They laid coughing and hacking sat on the floor together back in the same room Amara was first put in.

"At least we're not chained up?" Bart tried to cheer them up. "We're all dying from a virus.. our insides are going to literally start boiling until we have nothing left inside!" Amara told them no longer bothering to sugar coat it. Jason groaned, "dying sucks".

"I-I- haven't done anything yet. I haven't. I've barely lived. I'm not finished yet. No one's loved me and- please. I'm someone's child! I'm a person." Vivian started to act out dramatically, she'd taken Amara's lab coat and was raising her hands in surrender. "Really? You're last words are a tv quote?" Bart laughed.

"I love you? Did you forget that part in your monologue" Jason looked at her accusingly.

"I thought we're supposed to be blurting random truths we never told each other" Amara grumbled she'd be happy dying knowing all the gossip.

"For example Mara is the girl he tried so hard to hide" Damian smirked telling Amara knowing if they were going to die either way it wouldn't matter if Mara killed him for saying this. "No!" Amara gasped turning to the pair.

"Dude" Bart looked at him shocked and wary of the blonde who began looking like he was ready to murder him.

"I will kill you before this virus even has a chance to take affect" Mara threatened yet didn't have the energy to get up.