Chapter 33

Damian's Pov

I was walking down the corridors hoping to see Amara it had been a couple of days since the last time we talked and I apologized for lying to her.

Guilt had started eating at me the moment she looked at me, I could see the disappointment in her eyes knowing her hurt was buried beneath them.

I texted her again sighing at the previous unread messages I'd left her in the last couple of days.

I sat in the library during my free period, it was actually quite peaceful considering my fan girls weren't smart enough to actually find me here.

"Damian?" I stand corrected, my eyes spare a glance at the brunette in front of me, returning to my book seconds later, "I'm busy".

"So am I, I just wanted to know if you knew when Amara was going to come back" my eyebrows furrowed as I stared at her in confusion.

"I'm not sure, she said she'd be gone a while, why?" why didn't she tell me she was leaving? I couldn't let this outsider think she knew more than I did.

"Do you know where she's gone? She sounded nervous when she called me like she was second guessing herself" I looked at Vivian, what did she possess that I didn't, why did Amara trust her enough to tell her where she was going and not me?

"She called you?" She nodded playing the voicemail. ~hey... I'm going to go away for a couple of days, I know it's sudden but I have to, I'm doing this yes I am yes I am yes I am, okay call me when you get this~

"She'll be back soon enough, now is that all walker?" She nodded her before promptly leaving muttering about how she wondered what Amara saw in me.

I went on the rest of my day plagued by my thoughts, how could walker possibly know before I did?

When i got home I made sure not to mention anything considering father was already on the bend about Amara. I'm starting to feel as though she may have been correct in assuming there is some sort of outside influence that's caused his recent behavior.

I found Gordon in the cave working with Grayson. "When were you going to tell me she was gone?" I tried to ask casually but I couldn't help the slight growl.

"When you realized she was gone?" She sassed back, "what do you mean realize? I've tried to contact her multiple times over the last couple of days" the red head shook her head in return "you didn't come to meet her face to face, Damian she's been gone a week and you've only just found out" anger started to flow through me.

"What are you insinuating? I don't keep track of my girlfriend?" Barbara glared at him "she not a dog that needs to be tracked, I'm just saying she only told a handful of trusted people where she was going or even that she was going and if you're not on the list I think there's some things you need to think about".

Barbara didn't hate the boy or even dislike him like she did when they first got together. In fact she grew rather fond of him over the last few years but lately the way he'd been treating her sister didn't sit right her and there was only so much time before she snapped.

"We worked things out last night!" Damian groaned, "then why did she come home crying?" Damian paused, "she didn't tell me I-I didn't know" he stuttered. Why didn't I know?

"You shouldn't take her for granted, and if you keep pushing her aside one day she's going to give up on waiting for you to come to your bloody senses and she's going to leave" she warned the younger boy. Damian turned to dick the older boy choosing to remain quiet during their conversation.

"And you? What do you have to say?" He shrugged "i think.. you know what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong, sometimes things seem right in your head but they feel wrong in your heart and you're the only one who can decide which one you need to listen to and which one you should listen to" he advised in a way that was slightly cryptic but understandable to say the least.

Amara pov

I dragged my bag out of the taxi paying the driver before getting out. I slowly made my way up the small path into the picket fence garden, a couple of flowers laying there waiting to be bloomed. I know on the door smiling when my eyes meet the familiar set of brown ones. "Amara?"

"Hi Amir"