Level 2: Starter Area

After fading out of none-existence, I find myself standing on a dirt road in a large forest.

"where the hell am I?" I ask out loud, hoping the message screen would answer me.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF REMNANT!

YOUR STARTING LOCATION HAS BEEN CHOSEN AS "OUTSKIRTS OF THE KINGDOM OF VALE"!

YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FIRST QUEST SHORTLY!

Okay...

So the world is called Remnant, and I'm on the outskirts of a kingdom called Vale.

I look at my clothes, glad to see they're my usual getup, and not some medieval peasant clothing.

A Dark Green V-neck T-shirt, a pair of dark blue slacks and a pair of brown Blundstone boots.

My Casual-cool as I might call it.

... Who am I kidding? I never called it causal-cool.

NEW QUEST!

PICK A ROAD TO GO!
You have found yourself stranded with no directions to go, only two paths to follow are open to you.

DETAILS: GO NORTH OR GO SOUTH!
REWARDS: NEW ABILITY- AURA!

Just walk down the road?

I look at the dirt path I find myself on.

"Why do I need to think about this? Just walk straight ahead" Why would I think, I don't know what's at the end of this road, I just need to walk somewhere.

I also probably need a way to find food, Those 3 McDonald's Happy Meals won't fill me up.

I also don't want to sleep on the ground so let's hope there's a town or something close by.

So I start walking.

After five minutes of walking, The screen appears again.

QUEST COMPLETE: PICK A ROAD TO GO!

YOU DECIDED TO WALK NORTH!

REWARDS: NEW ABILITY- AURA!

As soon as I close the message, I feel a thrum of energy flowing through me before it disappears.

"What was that?"

THAT WAS AURA! THE NEW ABILITY YOU UNLOCKED! YOUR ABILITIES WILL BE SHOWN ON YOUR "ABILITIES" LIST.

"Okay, Abilities"

Now a new screen appears, Similar in design to the Skill screen from Limbo.

NEW ABILITY UNLOCKED!

Aura: 1.

Passive: Aura grants a boost to Regeneration.

Active: Aura grants a boost to STR, AGL and provides a temporary force-field around your body.

Disclaimer: Amount of STR and AGL gained from the active Aura is calculated by the level of the Aura ability.
When the AURA GAUGE is empty, you will no longer be able to activate Aura until the Gauge is back to 20%

As I look at the screen, I spot a tingle in the corner of my eye.

Taking a closer look I see that it's a blue bar, similar to a Mana bar from RPGs.

THIS IS YOUR AURA GAUGE!

THE SIZE OF YOUR AURA GAUGE IS CALCULATED BY THE LEVEL OF YOUR ABILITY x THE AMOUNT OF WIS YOU POSSES.

CURRENT GAUGE: 10.

YOUR AURA WILL DRAIN AS YOU USE THE ACTIVE PORTION OF THE ABILITY.

TAKING DAMAGE WILL SPEED UP THE ACTIVE DRAIN.

DISCLAIMER: AURA WILL REGENERATE WHEN NOT ACTIVE. SPEED OF REGENERATION IS CALCULATED BY WIS PER MINUTE!

CURRENT REGENERATION: 10 PER MINUTE.

So it's a force-field, And I guess the Aura Gauge will act as some sort of Mana Bar?

CORRECT!

THE WORLD OF REMNANT HAS LEFT ITS AGE OF MAGIC BEHIND, LEAVING ONLY 2 TRUE MAGICIANS IN THE WORLD!

MANA HAS BEEN TRANSFORMED INTO AURA FOR ALL BEING EXCEPT THOSE 2!

FOR THAT REASON, AURA WILL BE USED AS MANA IN THIS WORLD!

Interesting... So as a Rogue I would need to Level up AGL, but to increase my Mana, or Aura in this case, I'll need to also level up my WIS...

I'll try to do 2 points to Agility, 1 point to Wisdom, alternating between the two.
At least until Wis gets to 15 or 20, well see when we get there.
I'll think about STR later.

Closing the Window, I continue to walk down the dirt road.

Hopefully I won't have to sleep on the ground tonight.