//35//: Unleashing the Dragon

Start from the beginning

She sniffed, wiping the tears that were rushing down her cheeks with her fingers. "My parents are forcing me to get married. They asked me to bring a suitor before dusk."

"What the hell? That's bullshit. They can't do that you?" His American accent was articulated so smoothly that one could swear he wasn't from the north.

"Apparently, they can. I don't have an option."

"Yes you do, Cheps. Sabrina, you're letting her do this? I know you're better than this!" He raised his voice this time. He didn't even know what she was doing at home because she's clearly not supposed to. He didn't bother asking why she was though, he wasn't as nosy as Aliya. She probably had a serious fight with Farooq maybe that's why she's at home, he assumed.

Sabrina narrowed her eyes at the both of them before rolling them round, letting out a scoff. "Don't you think I tried? But seemingly, not everyone is as audacious as I am to go against their parents." She rolled herself on the bed and grabbed her phone as she started going through it, ignoring the people in the room.

"I didn't mean to—" Kubra started when she was quickly cut off.

"Save it." Sabrina deadpanned.

Arif glared at Sabrina before yawing his attention back to Kubra. "What are you gonna do?"

"I'll allow them to marry me off to whomever they wish to."

He drew his brows together,his lips slanting downwards into a frown as he shook his head vigorously. "You can't do that!"

"Why not? It's not like I have any other option."

"I'll marry you."

The glass of milk that Farida held was now scattered all over the floor. Sabrina's phone was now completely damaged due to how she flung it to the glass cabinet. Jannah's jaw dropped, lower than it ever has in her twenty one years on earth.

Kubra almost lost her balance after hearing such a thing from Arif. No, he had to be kidding.

"W-why?" She managed to croak out because Allah knows she was extremely weak to even speak. He scratched the nape of his neck before exhaling sharply. It was finally time to speak out. A day he's been anxious of his whole life. At a point, he thought it would never come but boy was he blabbering.

"I want to talk to you, Kubra."

Ouuu. Now he's calling her Kubra and not Cheps. This ain't no mind game for real. He was really serious because no space for jests was left.

"Alone. Leave us." He added, as he gave the three other occupants of the room a glance. They took that as their cue to exit the room. Sabrina picked up her phone and bowl of raspberries before sauntering out.

Not before shouting, "Kicking the owner of the room out of her own room. You'll pay for it, Ya Arif." It sounded like a joke but he knew otherwise. When Sabrina says you'll pay for it then you'll surely do. That sent frissons down his spine but he was fast to shake it off.

"What is it Arif?" Kubra murmured but due to the fact that the room was extremely quiet ,he heard her audibly.

"The truth."

"What truth?"

"My truth."

"Which is?" She raised a brow, batting her wet eyelashes.

"I'm in love with you." He dropped the bomb washing away the uneasiness on his chest. He felt so relieved finally saying it out loud. But the other aspect of the moment awaited.

Her reaction.

Her brows knitted together, her face turned scarlet as her doe eye's widened. She was lot of words. If she knows anything about Arif is that he doesn't joke with these sort of things. Which only implies that he was being honest. "Me?" She blinked.