𝟐𝟗. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝑱𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒚

I just wanna feel something, tell me where to go
'Cause everybody knows something I don't wanna know
So, I'll stay right here cause I'm better all alone
Yeah, I'm better all alone

I am not a woman, I'm a God
I am not a martyr, I'm a problem
I am not a legend, I'm a fraud
So keep your heart, 'cause I already got one

I am not a woman, I'm a God
I am not a martyr, I'm a problem
I am not a legend, I'm a fraud
Keep your heart, 'cause I already

I'm ready to leave it
I'll go when I feel it
Got caught both hands on the smoking gun
I try, but I need it
It's hard, but I feel it
And it really does hurt when you love someone

Every exhale of mine turned the air into smoke as I grabbed my black leather gloves with their black fur around the wrists from my bag and put them on. My hands were freezing in this cold day. I looked into the distance, watching as people board the Skiff, standing at the gate entrance. The wind is caressing my hair and some strands land into my face making it hard for me to see as I push them away with my finger. Out the corner of my eye at the bottom of the entrance of the Skiff, I look down to see Zoya boarding the Skiff. Out of respect I nodded, but she only gave me a belittling stare and walked past me as if I was nothing, heading to the front of the Skiff, looking into the Fold before she made her way to her position. Many other Grisha entered as Ivan stood like a guard dog next to Aleksander, following his orders. As I turned my whole body to the front of the Skiff, hands folded before my stomach, I've caught a glimpse of Alina being chained by foot at the front of the Skiff with chains. I guess this way, Ivan was ordered for her not to escape. I sighed, lowering my head, looking at my feet. I was expecting for him to come bring me next to her a prisoner and put chains around my wrists or foot but nothing.

"This isn't a good look for you." Alina turned her head over her shoulder to Aleksander that walked up behind her. "Everyone will see that I'm your prisoner." her voice angered.

Aleksander pushed his cloak behind him before he slowly raised his arms, placing them around Alina's shoulders from behind. I walked slowly closer, keeping to the edge of the Skiff as I stopped next to Alina at the left edge of the Skiff, turning to face her. Her breathing was quick as she looked me up and down in disgust. I was left unbothered. But the tension filled the whole scenery. Perhaps it was only felt by us involved. The Ambassadors couldn't know what is happening.

Aleksander unbottened her cloak as he leaned his lips to her right ear. "I doubt very much they'll notice your feet." he whispered in a dark manner, taking off the cloak harshly and handing it over to Ivan that folded it around his lower arm.

My eyes wandered to Alina's feet. The dress she was wearing covered the chains just so no one would be able to see it. I felt her glare at me. My eyes shot up as my head remained lowered. She startled for a moment when she met my gaze and I raised my head, narrowing my eyes and eyebrows in slight confusion. No need to be scared, my dear Alina. I looked over to Aleksander that marched through the Skiff, making sure everything is going smoothly and just in time. I looked up at the mast where I saw Zoya stand with another Grisha of the Etherealki Order. Must've been a Squaller like herself.

"Close the Gate!" a commander shouted and I lowered my eyes from up the mast where Zoya stood back to the entrance of the Skiff. The Gate closed slowly as I saw the Ambassadors slowly walking in, looking around, chattering and whispering around them, gushing like little children. But I would catch their slight glances towards Alina, looking her up and down as if they are judging her appearance or perhaps even her as a person. Stories have been told and spread and her little light show at the Winter Fete was seen by every single one of them. They would kneel before her and chant 'Sankta Alina' but now they did not.