𝟔.𝑺𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒔...

The sun shines right into my face

The sun shines right into my face. I lay on my side and grunt when I felt the sun on my skin. I turned my head the other way to the shadowy side and felt more calm, sighing out. I hear chatter outside the door. First a knock and then the doors opened. Out of reflex, I instantly push myself up in a hurry, pressing myself against the bed.

"I'm sorry- have I frightened you?" a gentle voice asked.

That was not a pleasant awakening from a deep, who knows for how long, sleep. I look the person present in my room up and down still alert. After I realized there is no danger and start actually waking up, I close my eyes and sigh out.

"Sorry.." I mumbled, looking back to the person.

The person sighs. "That's alright!" they came closer and looked at me. "Saints- have you not taken a bath?" they snip their fingers and a host of attendants enter the room. "Fetch my kit." they demanded.

Two of the attendants came to me and took my hands, pulling me out the bed. "Hey?" I looked confused. They brought me into another room and prepared a bath for me.

Then they proceeded to undress me but I slapped their hands away, and got a dagger out I kept hidden. "Don't touch me again or I'll carve your face." I threatened, pointing the dagger at the attendant.

Soon the person that commands them, comes forward again. "You don't need the dagger dear. We won't harm you."

I looked them up and down. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Oh right. I'm Genya Safin. I'm a tailor." Genya introduced herself.

I sigh and put my dagger away. "I'm perfectly fine taking a bath myself you know?" I said sarcastically and Genya smirked amused.

"I've been sent by General Kirigan." she informed me. "I have to attend soon to Alina Starkov, but I was ordered to prepare you for a meeting with King Pyotr."

I squinted my eyes. "Do I have to attend a meeting with the king?" I asked, seemingly not happy about this, rather annoyed.

"Yes. They need to decide what your abilities are. I heard you're a mysterious case." Genya is quite nice. I love her ginger hair and crystal blue eyes. Her white/golden Kefta fitted her well.

I scoff. "They can't decide what ability it is, if they haven't seen it. I cant describe it myself!" I assured.

Genya raised her eyebrows and shakes her head. "Bath."

"Oh, right-" I turned around and got undressed, stepping slowly into the bathtub and sitting down. "You said you have to attend to Alina Starkov?" I asked and she nodded. "Is she really a Sun Summoner?"