𝟐𝟒. 𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝑽𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒎

It's feeling like the sun's hiding
But we're gonna keep moving, surviving
No, we won't go quiet tonight
Stand up and shout louder
Oh, no, no, we won't be silent
The shadows are calling us outWe are heroes
Heroes in the darkest times
When there is no light (oh)
We are heroes
Heroes in the darkest times
Who will rise above (oh)
We are heroesWhen the night is starless
Only we can spark it
Light it up in the darkness (oh)
When the night is starless
Only we can spark it
Light it up in the darkness (oh)We are heroes
Heroes in the darkest times

It has been a while since Raven has left with the General and his assembled troupe to track down Alina and her kidnappers. The Little Palace was never in this much of a hurry as it is now since they have left. Grisha running left and right with tasks given to them and carriages and suitcases and boxes to be sorted and placed. There is a tension rising within the Little Palaces walls and it is mostly felt by five individuals. The ones that agreed to become members of the Serpents. The ones that are called venom by Raven. They know something is brewing and they fear for their beloved friend.

With heavy marching footsteps Adonis paces through the halls of the Little Palace as he exhales in worry, trying to find his beloved Avaline. But she was nowhere to be found for days. Adonis was worried, his heart clenching and tightening in his chest as he wondered where she could be or even a sad sigh would escape his lips by the thought of her abandoning him. After a while of just walking through the palace, Adonis spots a familiar face.

"Genya!" he called.

Genya turned swiftly to him but narrowed her eyebrows at his almost pale looking sight. "Adonis? Are you alright? You look sickly.."

"Have you seen Avaline?" he asked in an instant, approaching Genya closer.

She shook her head. "No. She left to attend at the Fold." Genya retorted nonchalantly as she turned her back on him to walk away.

Adonis grabbed her by her elbow, his eyes filled with confusion and worry. "When did she leave?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Genya sighed looking him up and down. She cocked her head to the side as she took a deep breath in. "Adonis, your love problems do not concern me." she would say coldheartedly. "She hasn't abandoned you. She simply was ordered to attend her duties." and with that, Genya turned and walked away, leaving Adonis standing there by himself as he tries to push away his intrusive thoughts.

"Adonis!" a female voice called from behind him, the clicking sounds of her fast pace rumbling through the hall. "Adonis they took Sebastian!" she called.

"What?" Adonis asked, turning to face Helena that was running straight at him and grabbed his forearms firmly. He could see tears in her eyes that looked between his as if she was searching for an answer or even comfort or is in need of desperate help.

"They took Sebastian!" she cried again. "I saw them take him Adonis! I don't know where..but they took him!"

"Caln down Helena.." Adonis spoke in a soothing voice as he gently placed his hands on her upper arms. "What happened? Who took him?" he asked as Helena gulped down a lump in her throat, letting out an desperate sigh.

"I don't know..I don't know.." she would repeat over and over again.

Adonis gave his best to calm her down. Wrapped her in a brotherly hug and shushing her as she sobbed in his arms. He thought of her. Of Avaline. Thought that they have maybe taken her away just like they took Sebastian somewhere against their will. If only Raven was here.. he thought.

Jordin came rushing in, running towards them as she grabbed Helena's arm and pulled her in a hug herself as she tried to catch her breath, her white hairstrand falling over her mortified face.