𝟏𝟎. 𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

Genya & I walked in silence. Our arms still hooked with one another. The silence surrounding us was rather uncomfortable and tense but none were willing to break it. To my demise I questioned myself whether I should be the first to speak but just then my eyes went to the small stone hut, hidden in the shadows, that emerged on our path, obscured by trees. I stop my pace by just the look of it.

"Raven?" Genya turned to me, questioning my sudden stopping. She sighs, giving me a pitying look. "I wish I could tell you that we can turn around and you don't have to do this but.."

"Orders are orders." I interrupted her, placing my gaze upon her. She just pressed her lips in a thin line. Without any further word said, I walked up the path to get to my destination. The small, round stone hut didn't seem to have any windows. So, this is where Alina is being trained? Must be suffocating in there.

I take one last deep breath and without thinking twice I opened the door to step in. Instantly the heat hit me in the face like a blast, my eyes could barely make out an outline of furniture or anything before me in the dimness. I blinked a few times as my eyes adjusted to the scenery, just enough to see a narrow bed, a basin, a stove with a kettle on it and in the middle of the room were two chairs. I turn my head to my left, cautiously walking in, step by step.

"For once, one is actually on time." A harsh voice said.

I turn around hastily but I couldn't see anyone, just then I hear slight movement and my eyes dart to that direction where shadows moved and a figure emerged. I stood my ground as I gulp to gather myself.

"But you lack basic etiquette. Shut the door, girl." the voice commanded.

I simply turned around, walked to the door, shutting it close. As I turned back around I startled when the figure stood in the middle of the room. The woman standing before me looked ancient with her sharp facial features. Her back was straight and her white/grey hair put in a bun. I gathered my courage to step in closer as her eyes mustered me from up and down, piercing through mine.

"So," Baghra said in a low, guttural voice. "you're the one that can't seem to be sorted?"

I hesitated to answer. Of course I did. I was exhausted and didn't feel like talking to anyone still. But I knew it's better to not make a bad first impression since everyone is talking so highly of Baghra and her famous strictness.

"Are you mute, girl?" she asked and my eyes went on her.

"No." I answered with a strong voice.

Her eyes mustered me up and down again. "Come closer." she demanded.

I did as told. Stopped right in front of her, focused on her, without batting an eyelash. My sense for duty kicking in as I felt like just a soldier receiving its commands.

A bony hand snaked out of from the sleeve of her dark robes. "Now," she said, grabbing my wrist and my eyes darted towards her grip when I felt the same sensation building up, jolting within me, just like the one, when General Kirigan grabbed my wrist in front of the King and Queen. My eyebrows narrowed as I come to the realization that she too, is an amplifier. The amethyst flames flooded the room, lighting up her little hut but not burning it. I look back at her when I saw her eyes widening at the sight of my hand that turned black and shadows emerge within the flames.

She released my wrist and so the flames and shadows vanished in an instant. My breath quickened, I was already exhausted as it is and this just added to my misery. I could not read her expression nor could I identify her thoughts. It's like suddenly she was blocked from my sight and my senses. I couldn't understand what was happening.