𝟕.𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒔 - 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆

Shouting and whooshing sounds overheard in the whole area

Shouting and whooshing sounds overheard in the whole area. I watch closely as an Inferni lights a dummy on fire in amazement. I turn my head just to see Ivan, the Generals trusted Heartrender, training a group of young Heartrenders. My eyes wander back and forth watching this happening before me.

General Kirigan slowly walked towards them with a strut so powerful and intimidating, it made everyone stop their training and turn, standing straight like soldiers, greeting him.

I stopped right behind him, looking at everyone and once again, I find all eyes on me. My palms are getting sweaty. This is an area I am not familiar with. It's uncomfortable being brought here as a beginner, when clearly the most are far ahead with their abilities.

"General Kirigan." a tall man greeted him.

"Botkin. I brought you a new recruit." the General informed.

The man's eyes fall upon me as I lower my head, not looking at him. I can sense he is looking me up and down. But out the corner of my eye, I spot girls giggling together. As I slightly turned my head to the side, I recognized by her Kefta that she, is Alina Starkov.

"I will have quite a lot of work to do with her." Botkin commented and I looked back at him and General Kirigan.

He smirks. "That's why I place her in your hands, trusted friend."

I roll my eyes again and sigh. Cant I once be referred as a human and not as an object to be traded with?

"Ivan!" the General whistles and signals Ivan to come over.

Ivan left his group and approached. "Yes General?"

"Bring her to my chambers when she is done here." he commanded and leaned closer to Ivan to whisper. "Watch her closely. I want to know every detail happening."

I sharpened my ears. My time spend with Kaz and the others taught me to make sharp use of my senses, my hearing ability never fails me. That's how I could always predict trouble and interfere quickly.

"Who General?" Ivan whispered back. "The Sun Summoner?"

"No." he shook his head. "Our little amethyst wonder." he whispered back.

Little amethyst wonder? Is he shitting me right now? I just stayed quiet. Better not let them know I hear every whisper. I kept my head lowered and suddenly the General turned to me, looking down at me.

"Behave." he instructed. I saw his eyes shift towards Alina Starkov and hers shifted to him with a familiar smile. He smirked back before he turned his head back to me. "Remember." he spoke in his deep, husky voice again. "After you're done here, Ivan will escort you to my chambers."

I raised my head to look in his eyes. Again blades piercing through them. "It's not like I have another choice." I hissed.

He scoffed with a smirk. "Not really." he said lastly and walked past me. As his footsteps were departing, I turned to look at him leaving, then brought my attention back to the man standing.