Sixty Two

A gentle pressure on your forehead roused you from your dreamless sleep. Peeking your eyes open slightly, you smiled when you found Loki leaning over you.

"Hey." You whispered before yawning. The previous night's welcome back dinner with the whole team, followed by a long overdue game night, and then waking up multiple times throughout the night to your soulmate's kisses had left you pretty out of it.

"Good Morning, darling. I'm on my way to meet Thor. Heimdall reached out, and my brother wanted to meet at this hour to discuss whatever the seer had to say. It's still early. You should try to get some more rest, call for me if you need me. We'll be in his room and I can be back here in an instant."

"Mmmkay." You answered, still half asleep.

Loki chuckled, leaning down to kiss your lips this time before flashing away.

You reached over to his pillow, pulling it in close to you before once again drifting to sleep.

Sometime later the brush of a hand through your hair, followed by another hand trailing up your exposed leg pulled you from your slumber once more.

Smiling, you sighed and turned your body towards where you thought Loki stood over you.

"Well then, pet, it seems with our time apart you've grown soft."

You'd thought wrong.

Springing up into a crouched position, you let your powers out, immediately covering your naked body and trapping Reams where he stood at the edge of your bed, grinning maliciously at you.

"Ahh, there's the fire I love to see. Such a good pet afterall."

Before you could think of what to do next, the sound of a weapon powering up behind you tore your focus away from Reams.

Ducking down just in time to miss the shot from a blaster, you whipped your head back up to direct another stream of shadows at the other two Hydra soldiers blocking your bedroom door.

You weren't lenient, your shadows making quick work of snapping their necks. As the twin sound of their bodies thumped to the floor you turned your head back to Reams, where you'd managed to keep him secure in your power.

His smile was nowhere to be found.

"You bitch." He seethed, obviously not happy at this turn of events.

Using your power to lift him up in the air, you kneeled on the bed smiling at his struggling form. You closed your fist slightly, your shadows mimicking the movement and tightening around him.

He glared.

You smiled.

"Yearning. Decayed. Thirteen-" He gasped out between short breaths.

You froze, waiting for any type of reaction your body might have.

Nothing.

Not even a twitch.

Your smile deepend.

"Nightfall. Frostbite. Three-"

"Don't you know that doesn't work anymore?" You teased.

You could see his panic rising, but still he tried in vain. "Hostile. Hasten. Nine. Gate-"

"Oh do shut up." Your shadows rose to cover his mouth, muffling his voice. "Good pet." You laughed a little manically.

Is this a mental breakdown?

Is what a mental breakdown? Loki responded via your bond.