One

"..nine and ten. That should be the last one." You finished counting and turned to Tony who was leaning up against the doorway to your new room at Stark tower.

Tony stood and looked around with his hands on his hips. "You sure kid? That's not a lot of stuff."

Smiling, you tore through the tape of the nearest box opening it up to look at the books nestled tightly inside. "I'm sure. Paying my own way through college didn't exactly leave a lot of extra spending money. Actually-" You huffed. "It left no spending money. I have all I need right here."

Tony stepped up to the box you had opened and pulled out a book. "So books with half naked men on the cover are a necessity. Riiiight."

You snatched the book in question out of his hand. "Hey now. I'm a single twenty five year old woman that has spent my entire life up until now focused on school, work, and raising my sister. A girl's gotta get her romance from somewhere." You smirked as you placed the book on the built-in shelf across from your bed.

"Woah Olivia. Ex-nay on the romance-eh." Tony put his hands up.

"Awww. A little grossed out by the thought of your closest friend enjoying the romancing of fictional half naked men?" You teased.

"One, you're not my closest friend. Don't think too much of yourself. Two, yes." Tony counted off on his fingers.

You rolled your eyes. "Tone, the robots don't count as friends. So, yes. I'd say I'm your closest human friend. And if my reading material of choice bothers you so much, you should probably leave because that was just the beginning. I'm pretty sure at least three of these boxes are books. All with equal amounts of male chest exposure on the covers."

"Aaand I'm out." Tony held up a peace sign and made a beeline for the bedroom door.

At the threshold he turned back around. "Let's go you big bucket of bolts, the lady requires privacy to unpack her unmentionables." He waved toward the self-operating Iron Man suit that had taken up sentry mode in the corner after helping unload the final box. Mark 42 followed Tony out of your room.

A moment passed before you ran to your open doorway, leaning out into the hall.

"Hey, Tony?" You called after him.

"Yeah Liv?" He turned.

"Thanks." You smiled.

He smiled back. "What are best friends for?"

You raised your eyebrows. "Whoa there. I said closest friend, not best friend. Those are two completely different things. Don't let that head of yours get too big for the suit."

"Ehh, I built it. I can adjust the sizing as needed."

You rolled your eyes and walked back into your room to finish unpacking.

****

You had just finished placing the final book on your shelf when FRIDAY called out to you.

"Miss Rose, Mr. Stark has requested your presence in the lab for dinner."

"The lab?" You mumbled to yourself.

"Yes, Mr. Stark had some pizza delivered."

"Oh, okay. Thanks, FRIDAY!" You called back as you headed out the door.

The trip down to Tony's lab was quick. It was nice to take the elevator for once. Tony usually snuck you in through his personal accessway to avoid the rest of the team and any questions, or in Steve's case objections, they might have to your presence.

You followed the sound of Queen playing at an ear splitting volume to the closed lab doors. Through the glass you could see the lights on inside, but no Tony.