Ten

You didn't even need to open your eyes to know you were back in the same damn dreamscape. Maybe if you didn't open your eyes at all, it would go away.

"Come now pet, I can't be that horrible to look at."

You chuffed. "Yeah, whatever you have to tell yourself to get up in the morning."

Great Olivia. So much for not acknowledging his presence. Might as well get this over with.

You sighed and stood up, looking around the debris filled streets. "Why is it always this?" You swung your hands around in reference to the scene before you.

"I guess you could say this was the day we first met. I might be a bit sentimental." He said, looking around.

"It's getting a bit old though. If it's my dream, can't I change it to something else?" You asked.

"Actually, you may be asleep, but this is a realm of my creation." He faced you once again.

"Oh." You looked around. "No, wait a minute. So when you show up in my world, that's my doing. If this is your world, that means my being here is your doing?"

"Ahh so you do know a little something." His smirked with his eyes.

"Again with the insults. If that's how you're going to be, just send me back."

"It's not a good feeling is it? Being forced into a different realm." He slowly walked in your direction.

"No. It's not." You sassed back. Then, it hit you. "Oh. I'm sorry."

His shadowy footsteps halted. "What?"

"I'm sorry. If this is how you feel when this happens on my world. Scared, in a strange place, powerless to do anything about it."

"No one-" He took a deep breath. "No one's ever apologized to me before."

"Well that sucks. I mean with your attitude, I'm not surprised. But still, people should acknowledge when they're in the wrong."

"Then, I'm sorry too."

It was your turn to be shocked. "For?"

"For my attitude as you call it."

"Apology accepted."

You stood there, staring at each other. His crimson gaze seemed to pull you in.

Blinking, you looked down at your feet. "Soo."

"So?"

"You brought me here. Why?"

He sighed. "I guess I just wanted to talk to you. No, that's a lie. I wanted to see if I could absorb your power like you did mine. Maybe it could help us in finding a way to end this."

You looked back up. "Oh. Well, go ahead I guess."

"You... want me to try?"

"Yeah. Isn't that what we both want? To be free of each other and go back to our normal lives?"

"Yes, little one. That's exactly what we want." He stepped even closer to you and reached out a shadowy blue hand.

Just before he made contact, he hesitated. You stepped forward, forcing him the rest of the way. You closed your eyes and held your breath expecting some type of pulling sensation like the one you felt when Wanda was in your head. Instead all you felt was his icy touch through your tank top.

You looked down and saw nothing abnormal happening. Well, if a glowing blue shadow man palming your sternum wasn't considered abnormal.

"Huh, guess that doesn't work." You said, stepping back as his hand fell down by his side.