Twenty Seven

Reg POV

"Again." Strucker's voice boomed around the room.

You were laying in the fetal position in the middle of a larger version of your cell, this one empty except for the single bulb hanging from the ceiling.

Lighting apparently wasn't a high priority on Hydra's list.

The Winter Soldier landed another forceful kick to your stomach, flipping you over onto your back. You grunted, long run out of screams. You didn't even beg for it to stop anymore. All your body knew was pain. Every inch of your skin was covered in bruises, back lit by that ominous black and blue glow.

"Stop. This isn't working." Strucker mumbled.

Thank God. You thought as you held your gut, looking up at the fluorescent light hanging from the ceiling.

"It's been days and we've gotten nowhere. We need more. Maybe it's not just physical, perhaps mental? This one is strong willed after all. We need to break her."

Fucking Hell. What could be worse than this?

You soon found out. They brought in a metal chair and strapped your broken body to it. You didn't fight them, long used to them throwing you about. Heck even their lingering stares on your practically naked body didn't bother you anymore. They'd never given you new clothes after cutting off the ones you'd arrived in.

Head hanging, Strucker had to pull your face up by your hair to get you to look at him as scientists stuck small sensors to your temples.

"Now girl, don't hold back." You scrunched your brows in confusion when he blew a handful of dust into your face. Coughing, you blinked your eyes to try to rid them of the substance.

When your vision cleared, the concrete room was gone. Instead you sat strapped to your chair in the middle of a street, a battle raging around you.

"No." You whispered, shocked.

A child screamed out for help just beyond your reach.

"No!" You screamed and watched helplessly as the child ducked for cover underneath an overturned car. "Why?!" You wrenched at your bonds trying to get free.

Why the fuck it is always back to this?

"Why, indeed." You heard Strucker's voice like a phantom.

Eyes wide with panic, you looked around but didn't see him.

"Won't you help the child?" He asked.

You looked down and the cuffs were gone. You shot up out of the chair, knocking it over as you rushed to the car.

Just as you got down on your knees, asphalt scraping them open, you paused.

Wait. This isn't real. The explosion-

You covered your head as the explosion knocked you back. Dizzy, you slowly sat up.

Crying, someone was crying. You squinted at the crater the explosion left behind. You knew what you would find lying inside it.

But the crying.

You crawled over, peaking over the edge. Little Jimmy was sitting up, crying into his arms.

"Oh my God. Hang on. I've got you." The relief you felt at finding him alive was indescribable. You pulled him into your arms, brushing the dirt off of him, humming and rocking him in an attempt to sooth his cries.

When he finally stopped you looked down at him. "There now. It's okay, we're gonna get out of-" You paused when you realized he had stopped crying because he had stopped breathing.

Of Love and Mischief (MCUxReader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara