Fifty Six

Loki's POV - Slight Rewind

Loki watched Olivia's retreating form as she exited the room.

"Okay, am I the only one that heard the preschool teacher just drop an f-bomb? And are we just gonna ignore the part where he called her dearest?" Stark remarked, pointing over at Loki.

Loki turned and glared at him.

Stark put his hands up. "Okay, okay. But don't think we won't be discussing it at a later date."

Loki looked over to his brother who had been quietly observing him and Olivia since they'd entered the meeting room.

Thor rolled his eyes. "That was not kind of you brother. She will not easily forgive you for this."

"She's forgiven me for worse." Loki argued.

"You push your luck. I know you well enough to know that you've seen the change in her. Infact, I'd argue that you were the cause of said change. She's stronger now, she'll stand her ground."

Loki sighed.

The oaf is probably right. Their conversation earlier in the day proved as much.

His dearest was becoming strong. It made him proud.

Still. "I will not apologize for speaking the truth."

"Huh. The god of lies, speaking the truth. Now there's something you don't see everyday." Natasha quipped from her seat.

She'd remained uncharacteristically quiet during their scuffle.

The widow simply knew that this was something that needed to play out.

Loki respected the spy's formidable intellect, and enjoyed their verbal sparring.

Just as he opened his mouth to reply, a large sense of foreboding overtook him.

He closed his mouth and immediately reached out to Olivia through their connection, unsurprised when he met her mental block.

Something is amiss though.

Loki looked at Thor, brows cinched.

"What is it brother?" Thor asked, immediately picking up on Loki's uneasiness and moving closer.

"I don't know." Loki answered, looking at the doorway Olivia had exited not long ago.

"Sir, you asked to be alerted of any suspicious behavior from Miss Rose." Stark's A.I. announced to the room.

"Yes, but that was before-"

"What is it?" Loki asked, ignoring the tin can.

"Olivia has locked herself in her room, restricting access to everyone." FRIDAY answered.

"That's fine, I can just-" Stark began.

"Everyone, including you sir." FRIDAY interjected.

"What? How?" Tony asked, following Loki who'd already begun walking out of the room.

"You gave her full access to my system."

"Yeah, but I never thought...well, shit. FRIDAY, what do her vitals currently look like? Are we talking another Freaky freak out?" Tony pushed the button for the elevator.

"I have also been denied access via her powers and can no longer monitor her physical state."

"Fuck." Tony turned towards the stairs, obviously impatient for the elevator.

Loki tried to flash into Olivia's room, but was blocked by the same magic as her mental shield.

Smart girl. He inwardly smiled.