Thirteen

It took your brain a second to realize what was happening.

Bucky is kissing me?

When you didn't immediately pull away, his metal hand reached up and found purchase in the hair at the nape of your neck as his other hand moved down your hip to find the slit in your dress. When he slipped it inside and squeezed your outer thigh, his fingers just barely brushed your ass. You gasped and he took that as an invitation to take it further.

Your tongues brushed hesitantly at first, but as things started heating up, the kiss deepened. He stepped even closer to you, bringing the leg he held up to wrap around his hip as he leaned you back over the railing, grinding into you.

Shit, this is hot. No, like actually hot.

Slowly you began to realize that each point of contact with Bucky was radiating heat and it was becoming uncomfortable. You broke the kiss, and moaned.

"B-Bucky." You breathlessly tried to get his attention, nails digging into his shoulders, trying to keep yourself upright as the heat spread down your spine. Your eyes latched onto a blue smokey figure in the far corner of the balcony, its glow becoming more opaque by the second.

Bucky, continued to kiss a fevered path down your neck.

"Bucky, stop." You managed to whisper.

He immediately stopped and leaned back to look in your eyes. "Olivia? Fuck, are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't mean to hur-"

You lifted your hand to his cheek to silence him. "I'm okay. You didn't do anything wrong, I just think Thor's drink was a little too much for me?" You whispered, wincing.

"He gave you some of that? How are you even standing?" He asked, shocked.

"Well, right now you're kind of holding me up." You looked down to where his hand was still firmly gripping your thigh.

"Oh! Here let me-" He gently helped you back to standing, then kept his hands on your waist when you swayed slightly. The pain in your head was getting worse and you were still burning up.

Keep it together.

You glanced at the shadow, then caught yourself and looked back at Bucky.

Please don't notice.

"You don't look so good. Maybe we should go back in? I can walk you to your room." He offered.

"I'm okay. The fresh air is helping and I could really just use a drink that's not going to make the room spin." You suggested.

"Okay, I'll be right back with some water." He held his hands out to you as if to say stay put.

The second you heard the door to the library click shut, you collapsed onto your knees. The cold concrete felt wonderful on your skin. You let the tears you had been holding back fall as you rolled onto your back and looked up at the stars.

Jesus, even the sky is spinning.

Closing your eyes, you felt his presence solidify on the balcony with you.

"No need to lurk, I am fully aware that you're there." You said in his general direction.

Ahh so that little show was for me then?

You lifted your head up to glare at him, but the fever started spiking again. Every pulse of your heart felt like the beat of a drum through your temples. You let your head fall back to the ground clenching your fists and jaw through the haze.

"Y-you saw that?"

He eased closer to your struggling form.

Unfortunately. I must say when I left you this gift, it was intended to help solidify our newfound friendship. Yet here you are, using it to please another.

The folds of your dress rippled under his shadowy touch.

"Gift? The dress, it was from you?" You whispered.

Of course. After all, I've had plenty of time to study every curve of your body over the last few months. However did you think it came to fit you so perfectly? Though, honestly you're not doing it justice writhing around like that. Do you have absolutely no sense of poise? He asked mockingly.

"Oops, sorry." You grunted. "Let me just sit up straight and cross my legs. I didn't realize I was in the company of a gentleman."

Oh don't stop on my account. I think I rather like you in this state.

Those crimson eyes glinted as they gazed down at you.

The concrete beneath your shoulders was now warming up, the coolness that was helping slowly diminished. Tears were falling freely down your cheeks, you were helpless to stop them.

So much for friendship. He really is a fucking monster.

Watch your tongue. How quickly you forget the extent of my powers, of our connection. I can hear your every thought just as clearly as you.

His blue shadowy hand reached down to caress your forehead as he spoke. When he made contact his icy touch lessened the pain and instead of flinching away, you leaned into it.

You both realized what you had done and locked eyes.

You... you're no longer afraid of my touch? He whispered.

"I don't give a shit right now. Just don't move." You pleaded.

He removed his hand and when the heat returned full force you whimpered.

"Please. For once you stupid demon, please help me." You begged.

I rather like you begging dearest. Do it again.

God, give me strength.

Not until you beg.

Stupid connection.

"Please." You managed through gritted teeth.

And what would I get out of this exchange? 

"I-I don't have anything."

Now that won't do. I'll just leave you here for your lover to find. Perhaps he can help. Oh wait, he's the reason you're in this state in the first place.

He started pulling away from you.

"No! No, please. Just- I'll, I'll do what you want." You offered.

He hesitated, turning back towards you.

"Whatever you need from me. You'll have my full cooperation in figuring this thing out. No more fighting."

He sauntered back towards you, kneeling down.

Now, now. That wasn't so hard.

He reached one hand out, clearly intent on caressing your face again. But the heat was too intense, you were desperate for relief. You sat up and grabbed onto his hand pulling him into a full body embrace. As his chill set in, you took some deep breaths. He sat frozen, probably in shock at your forced contact. But you didn't care.

It's working.

You wrapped your legs around his waist, essentially sitting in his lap bear hugging him. After a moment, he gave in and wrapped his arms around you as well. Sighing, you borrowed your face into what you assumed would be the crook of his neck. His shadows only seemed to pull you in closer, pulsing with that eerie bright blue glow.

"What are you exact-" You didn't get the chance to finish your question.

"Olivia!" Bucky shouting your name had you jerking up to look at him over the shadows. In an instant your demon disappeared, and you plopped down on the ground.