Fifty Five

"-been through a lot, but you need to wake up. Right now." Nat's voice roused you from the darkness.

"Why?" You whispered, voice strained.

"The team is having a meeting about you. You deserve to be there for this."

You opened your eyes and saw Nat sitting on the edge of your bed, Wanda offered you a sorrowful smile from where she stood by the door.

"Okay."

The girls helped you up. Your body felt weak, muscles sore and mind drowsy. Looking down you noticed you were still dressed in your blood stained suit.

You looked questionably up at Nat.

"Sorry about that." She said as she held your hand steady. "Tony just dropped you off here to rest for a bit before heading to check on Clint. No time to change."

You nodded your head in understanding, wincing when the motion brought back the remnants of a headache.

There's a scratch in the leather. You thought, staring blankly at Clint's empty chair across from you in the war room.

You blinked, rubbing your eyes.

When did I get here?

Must've zoned out again. Focus, Liv.

Nat sat next to Clint's empty chair, tuned into the group's conversation with her gaze occasionally flicking to you from the corner of her eyes.

Choosing to ignore that, you looked to the left and zoned back in on the chair, replaying the incident over and over again in your head trying to remember exactly what happened and fill in the parts where you'd lost time.

The whole thing was a little fuzzy. While you couldn't remember everything that played out, a few things were clear.

Bucky passing out on top of you.

Fighting Hydra soldiers.

The sound of Clint's spine breaking as your shadows pushed him into a tree.

You began picking at the skin of your bottom lip.

~It's your fault he's not here.~

~If they'd paired him up with someone else, he'd be fine.~

The image of him lying prone on the table in the quinjet flashed through your mind and you immediately shut it out, picking harder at your lip.

He was trying to save you, Olivia.

~If you were better at this you wouldn't need saving.~

~You're a danger to everyone around you.~

Your leg started bouncing.

Nat leaned fully into your field of vision, pity written all over her face. You folded your hands together under the table, choosing to look at them instead as you squeezed them tightly.

You felt Loki push at your mental block but didn't let him in. You were still giving him the cold shoulder since your last conversation. You'd be damned if you let him in now to try and consol you.

~No. Let him see how it feels to be left out.~

Nat gently kicked you under the table.

This time when you met her gaze, she quickly looked behind you.

Heeding her gesture you tuned back into the conversation -no argument- that Tony and Steve were having behind you.

"...something that the team should discuss as a whole." Steve was saying.