Nineteen

"Olivia? I know you're in there." You heard Nat call through the door.

You continued staring up at the ceiling from where you lay on the bed, still in your towel.

"You can't block us out like this. It's not healthy. I should know." She murmured that last part but you still heard it. "We're having a group movie night. You should come. No expectations, just some friends getting together to watch a movie."

"I'm not in the mood, Nat." You called towards the closed door.

"Come on. You can sit with me and Wanda. I'm sure she's got a story to tell from her date with Vision earlier."

You did want to hear about that.

"I don't know..." You sighed getting out of the bed and inching towards the door.

"You can pick the movie."

You opened the door just a crack, peeking out at her.

"I get to pick? No objections?" You asked.

She nodded her head, suppressing a smile.

"Ugh. Fine. But there better be fresh popcorn!" You opened the door all the way, inviting her in to wait while you got dressed.

You stepped out of the closet in a black silk crop top and booty shorts combo that Penn had gifted you for your last birthday. You were still feeling a little flushed and it was the coolest sleeping ensemble you owned.

"Damn girl. Can I raid your closet sometime?" Nat took an appreciative look at your outfit.

"Or we can all go shopping together? Girl's day out?" You suggested.

"Yes! Okay, let's go. I'm sure the boys are getting grumpy. They don't like to be kept waiting." She linked your arm in hers and led you out into the hallway.

Your mood soured a little when you passed Bucky's closed door. Nat noticed.

"Hey, it's not forever okay? We just need to figure some stuff out first." She attempted to comfort you.

But she didn't know about Demon. That this was his doing, and it would likely last as long as he deemed.

***

"Fucking finally." Tony called from his chair in the theater room.

"Language!" Steve reprimanded.

Everyone laughed, even Vision.

"We were going to start without you." Tone got up to give you a hug.

"How? When I am the one choosing the movie."

"Say what now?" He looked at Nat who punched him in the shoulder.

"She needs to be cheered up. So I told her she could pick." Nat explained.

"Aaand what, pray tell, has Freaky Deaky decided we will watch tonight?" He looked at you.

"The Force Awakens." You smiled.

"Hitting a little close to home there aren't ya?" Tony teased.

It was your turn to punch him.

"Hey! Can we stop beating me up, it's not nice." He whined.

"Maybe stop being a jerk." Steve commented.

"Watch it Capsicle, my dad may have thawed you out, but I'll freeze you right back up." Tony pointed in his direction.

You giggled, mood already lifting.

"Alright, let's get started already." Wanda said from her seat. You smiled at her and made your way over with Nat while Tony had FRIDAY start the movie.