Part 56

Day 330

Standing in the cell block together, we all look at Rick. "So, I met this Governor. Sat with him for quiet a while." Rick states. "Just the two of you?" Merle asks. "Yeah." Rick nods. "Should have gone while we had the chance, bro." Merle states walking past Glenn and Maggie.

Looking down, Rick glances back up. "He wants the prison. He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead, for what we did to Woodbury. We're going to war." Rick finishes before walking out of the cell block.

Sighing, I look around at the group. Everybody has somebody to live for. Rick has Judith and Carl. Hershel, Beth, Maggie, and Glenn have one another. Carol has Judith and Beth. Daryl has his brother Merle. Everyone but Michonne and I.

Thinking about everything, I go up to mine and Daryl's cell and lay on my back. "You okay?" Daryl asks. "Gotta be." I answer. "The group's gonna make a plan. You should be there." Daryl states laying next to me. 

Turning onto my side, I look at the man squishing himself on the edge. "Daryl?" I ask. "Hmm?" he replies turning his head to look at me. "Thank you. For everything." I smile. "I didn't do anything." Daryl replies. 

Smiling I shake my head. "You did though. You helped me get through my mother coming back to life, through losing my family. You helped me when I got hurt on the highway, looking for Sophia. The herd on the Farm, let's not forget about the walker trap I almost died in." I reply. 

Placing my hand over my chest, I reveal the necklace he gave me for my birthday. "You kept it?" Daryl asks looking at the small charm. "Of course I did." I reply softly. "Which also reminds me of when I was sick and you stayed by my side. Daryl, you've done so much for us. For the group. And I just want to say thank you." I smile as he runs his fingers over the charm.

Looking into my eyes, Daryl takes a deep breath. "You don't have to thank me." Daryl sighs. "I know." I reply taking his hand in mine playing with his fingers. "Fallon. What's wrong?" Daryl asks. "Nothing." I reply. 

Daryl turns on his side before caging himself over me. "Fallon, don't lie to me." Daryl says lowly. Looking into his eyes, I move my hands to touch his neck. Without another word, our lips crash together. 

The kiss was soft yet rough at the same time. The feeling of his chapped lips against mine brought fire into my bones. The longer we kissed, the more I crave his touch. 

Daryl's hand travels to touch my cheek as our lips tangle with one another. "It's about damn time baby brother!" Merle grins announcing his presence. Daryl sighs pulling away rolling his eyes at his brother.

Merle chuckles standing in the doorway. "Now, now, don't stop on my account." he taunts. "What do you want?" Daryl asks annoyed. "They asked me to let ya'll know we're making a plan in the morning." Merle answers. 

Sitting up, I walk out of the cell. "I should get started on dinner. My turn to cook after all." I state. "Come on." Daryl grumbles to his older brother. 

Entering the commons, we find a majority of the group sitting around. "Come on baby brother, you finally grew a pair!" Merle grins. "Merle, please shut up. I will personally shove a foot up your ass if you don't." I state. 

Pulling out a few cans, I quickly put dinner together. "Daryl, Fallon, why don't you tell the group what I stumbled upon?" Merle asks causing the two of us to instantly freeze what we're doing. "Nothing. You stumbled upon nothing." I state as Daryl nods in agreement.

Handing out bowls to the group, I get several looks from the group. "What's he talking about?" Rick asks holding Judith in his arms. "Nothin. Just bein an ass." Daryl mutters before taking a bite of food.

Merle of course chuckles to himself. "Merle." I warn annoyed. "Calm down, Strawberry." he states. Rolling my eyes, I quickly finish my food. "In the morning we'll come up with a plan. We have two days to prepare." Rick announces.

Sighing, I place a hand on Daryl's shoulder before taking our bowls to clean them. Maggie approaches with a grin. "Can I guess what Merle walked in on?" Maggie asks. "Why don't we go check on things outside." I suggest with a wink to the brunette. 

Standing on the catwalk alone, I look at Maggie with a grin. "You two finally kissed?" Maggie asks excitedly. "Yea." I blush. "I'm happy for you!" Maggie exclaims. "How're you and Glenn?" I ask softly knowing that they went through a rough patch after Woodbury too. "We're good. We actually had sex for the first time in a while today." Maggie admits.

Laughing I shake my head. "Didn't need to know that much." I grin. "But I'm happy for you too." I add. "We should get back inside. They'll probably murder us if we hide away for too long." Maggie sighs opening the door to allow us back into the commons. 

Heading to mine and Daryl's cell, I realize everyone had already gone to bed. Entering the cell, I find Daryl pacing. "Hey." I whisper trying not to disturb the group. "Hey." Daryl sighs. Placing a hand on his cheek, I place a soft kiss on his lips.

I feel his arms wrap around my waist as he pulls me impossibly closer. Running my fingers down his arms, his hands travel up the back of my shirt until he unclasps my bra with one hand. "This okay?" Daryl asks pulling back nervously.

Nodding my head, I help him remove my shirt before pulling my bra away as well. "You're beautiful." Daryl whisper against my lips as he removes his own shirt. Our lips clash against one another harshly as we move back to the bed.