Part 8

Sitting in the office space once more, I keep my eyes on the boy in the corner. "Them guns are worth more than gold. Gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. You willing to give that up for that kid?" Daryl asks.

Shaking my head I look at him. "That 'kid' came to help your brother. We aren't leaving him." I state. "If I knew we'd get Glenn back, I might agree. But you think that Vato across the way is just gonna hand him over?" T asks.

The teenager decides to put his thoughts in. "You calling G a liar?" he asks. "Are you part of this? You want to hold onto your teeth?" Daryl asks threatening the boy. "Daryl." I state softly moving him away from the boy. 

T looks between the boy and I. "The question is, do you trust that mans word?" T asks looking over a Rick finally. "No, question is what are you willing to bet on it? Could be more than them guns. Could be your life. Glenn worth that to you?" Daryl asks looking at the cop.

Rick sighs loading his hand gun and placing it in the holster. "What life I have, I owe to him. I was nobody to Glenn, just some idiot stuck in a tank. He could've walked away, but he didn't. Neither will I." Rick replies. "So you're gonna hand the guns over?" Daryl asks. "I didn't say that." Rick states.

Moving to the table, I look between the men. "There's nothing keeping you three here. You should get out, head back to camp." Rick states. "And tell your family what?" T asks. "Fallon, get out of here, those kids are gonna need you when your mom disappears." T sighs looking at me. "No. If you three are staying, so am I." I state looking between the three men.

Caving in, Rick hands me a gun. "Come on, this is nuts." The kid whimpers. Daryl stops the kid pointing at the ground instead of shoving him this time. "Just do like G says." the kids pleads as we start loading the guns. 

Once we finish, we leave a few guns in the office space. "Okay, kid. Time to go." I mutter tying his hands together as Daryl gags him. "Let's go." Rick sighs once we get the kid up on his feet. Daryl places a hand on my shoulder raising an eyebrow as I nod at him nervously.

T, Rick, and Daryl notice my nervousness. "Fallon?" T asks. "I-I, what if this ends badly?" I ask. "What?" T asks confused. "What if someone dies? What if I die?" I ask. "We won't let that happen." Rick states confidently. "If I do, you have to make sure Emma, Noah, and Charlotte will be okay. T-they're just kids." I stutter.

Sighing Daryl nods for Rick and T to go ahead. "Hey, we are going to be okay. They are going to be okay." Daryl states holding my face in his hands. "You have to promise me that they'll be okay." I whisper. "I promise. Now lets go get Glenn and get back to camp. Okay?" Daryl asks. Nodding, I follow him out of the building.

------------

Slowly we make our way through the court yard with guns ready. The doors open and I look around nervously. Rick and Daryl push the boy into the warehouse as T and I follow behind. "I see my guns, but they're not all in the bag." the man who I assume to be the leader named G states.

Rick, Daryl, and T keep their guns aimed. "That's because they're not yours. I thought I mentioned that." Rick replies. "Lets just shoot these fools right now, Ese." the man who beat me up states. "Alright, unload on their asses, ese." he adds. "I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation." G states. "No, I think I'm pretty clear." Rick states cutting the boy free and pushing him to his group.

Looking around, Rick speaks up again. "You have your man. I want mine." Rick states. "I'm gonna chop up your boy. I'm gonna feed him to my dogs. They're the evilest, nastiest, man-eating bitches you ever saw. I picked them up from satan at a yard sale. I told you how it has to be. Are you woefully deaf?" G asks.

Sighing, I know this won't end well. "My hearing is perfectly fine. You said come locked and loaded. Okay then, we're here." Rick states as he, Daryl, and T cock their guns. This causes the other group to load their weapons as well. "Can we please not do this?" I ask trying to defuse the situation.

"Felipe! Felipe!" an elderly woman calls out as I stand face to face with G. "Abuela! Go back with the others- now!" the man who beat me up states. "Get that old lady out of the line of fire!" Daryl yells. "Abuela, listen to your mijo, okay? This is not the place for you right now." G states.

The woman looks between me and the man who beat me up. "Mr.Gilbert is having trouble breathing. He needs his asthma stuff. Carlito can't find it. He needs his medicine." Abuela pleads. "Where is he? Maybe I can help." I offer looking between the old woman and G.

The old woman argues with G and Felipe for a moment. "Who are those men?" she asks. "Don't you take him." She pleads looking at Rick's officer uniform. "Ma'am?" Rick asks. "Felipe's a good boy. He have his trouble but he pull himself together. We need him here." the woman pleads.

Handing my gun to Rick, I look at the woman. "Ma'am, we're not here to arrest your grandson." I state softly. "Then what do you want him for?" she asks. Looking at Rick for a moment I take a deep breath. "He's helping us find a missing person." Rick states. "A man named Glenn." I add. "The asian boy?" she asks. 

Nodding my head I watch the woman. "He's with Mr.Gilbert." She replies. "If you don't mind taking us to him, perhaps I can help Mr.Gilbert as well." I state. "Come. Come, I show you." The old woman smiles taking my hand.

The group backs off as the elderly woman leads us through to a nursing home. Once inside I notice many elderly people around. "Where do you keep the medicine?" I ask Felipe. "Here." he replies pointing at a cabinet. 

Grabbing an inhaler and a breathing treatment back that operates on batteries. Walking into the gym I approach the old man. "Here, try this." I state placing the mask of the breathing treatment over his nose and mouth. "Breathe in and out. You should start to feel better in a moment." I state softly.

Turning around I send a glare to Felipe. "Sorry about the alley." he mutters looking away. "Mhm." I mutter. "I thought you were being eaten by dogs man!" T exclaims. Glenn turns around to look at three chihuahuas. This causes me to involuntarily laugh. 

Sighing I look at Felipe. "If it's ever bad enough that an inhaler won't work, breathing treatments should. You'll know after four treatments if it'll get better or not." I state looking at the man before me starting to breathe normal again. "Thank you. We have a doctor here who can look at that for you if you'd like." he states. "Thank you, but I'm also a doctor and I've checked it out myself as well." I reply. "Very well." he sighs walking away.