Part 24

Day 67

Today Shane and Rick were taking Randall away. "Fallon!" Daryl calls out. "Yea?" I ask tiredly. "You okay?" he asks looking me over. "I feel fine." I smile softly. Daryl looks at me with a glare.

Raising an eyebrow, I look at him confused. "What's your problem?" I ask curiously. "You could've gotten yourself killed." he grumbles. "And?" I ask. "And I don't want you to die." he replies annoyed. "We'll It'll eventually happen regardless." I mutter. 

Daryl huffs before storming off. Shaking my head, I keep working on organizing the storage bins with all our supplies. "You're very organized today." Carol smiles. "Well i don't see much of anything else to do." I sigh. 

The older woman nods her head. "You know, it's nice having you around more." Carol smiles. "I'm always around." I laugh. "I mean in camp. At the quarry, you always went hunting or were busy with kids." Carol sighs.

Nodding my head, I look at the woman with a smile. "Well a lot has happened since the Quarry." I sigh. "Yea, I never thought we'd end up here. Always thought we'd find somewhere to go, make it a home. I guess this is as close to home as you can get." Carol sighs. Looking at the woman I nod my head. "Yea, makes me wonder how long we have here." I state.

"Fallon!" Lori calls urgently from the house. Dropping what I was doing, I quickly run to the woman. "It's Beth!" Lori exclaims as we enter the house. Looking at Beth, I quickly realize the problem. "Okay, Maggie, get me a sutures kit please." I state moving Beth's hand from her wrist. 

The girl continues sobbing. "I'm sorry." she whimpers. "It's okay. We're gonna get you cleaned up." I smile softly. Quickly, I take the kit from Maggie and begin working on Beth's wrist while Patricia holds her still. "It's okay. You're going to be okay." I reply softly.

Once I finish stitching up her wrist, I grab a bandage and quickly wrap it to keep the wound clean. "Keep it clean. No water on it while you have stitches, no hitting it on anything. In a week we'll take out the stitches. Okay?" I ask with a soft smile in hopes of slightly cheering her up.

After I'm finished, I hear a car pull up outside to which we all go out to see. Shane and Rick are back, and Randall is being dragged out of the car as well. "Fallon. Daryl." Rick states waving us over. 

Looking at the leader, I notice a few cuts. "Are you okay?" I ask quietly. "You two are to take him to the shed where he was before. Interrogate him, see what he knows, and clean up his wounds. When you're done, let us know." Rick orders handing Randall over to Daryl.

I quickly move to unlock the shed when Patricia comes up to me with a bowl of hot water and a rag. "Thank you." I state nervously as Daryl and I enter the shed with the boy and close the door. 

Placing the bowl on a table, I look at Daryl who is pacing around before he rips out the headphones that were in the boys ears. "Okay." I sigh taking the blindfold off the boy as well. "We want to know what you know. If you can give us answers, you'll get to go in a few days once your wounds heal." I state trying to gain the boy's trust.

Daryl continues pacing behind me as I wipe the dirt and blood off the boy's face. "I-I-I don't know nothin!" he claims. "You know things, like how many people are in your camp?" I ask. "N-Not that many." he claims shaking his head. 

Shaking my head I stop cleaning the wound. "Randall, if you want out of here, you cannot lie to us." I state before going back to cleaning. "How many people are there?" I ask again. "I-I don't know!" He tries again obviously lying as he looks frantically between Daryl and I. 

Sighing, I step away and let Daryl interrogate the boy. He sends two punches to the boy's face without hesitation. The boy falls over off the chair and Daryl continues to throw punches. "I told you-" "You told me shit!" Daryl replies harshly picking the boy up and putting him against the wall.

Randall begins crying now. "I barely knew those guys. I met em on the road." Randall claims. Daryl looks to me for a second and I nod for him to go on. "How many in your group?" Daryl asks. The boy huffs shaking his head.

Randall knows. He knows how many are in the group. Daryl senses this as well and pulls out his hunting knife. "Uh, no. No, no, no, come on, man." Randall pleads. Daryl stabs the floor between Randall's legs scaring the boy again. "How many?" he yells.

The boy looks at Daryl terrified. "Uh, t-thirty. Thirty. Thirty guys." Randall pants. "Where?" Daryl asks still angry. "Uh." Randall thinks. Daryl grabs the bandage ripping it off his leg causing the boy to cry out in pain. 

"I don't know! I swear! We were never any place for more than a night." Randall informs as Daryl holds his knife to the wound. "Scoutin? Plannin on stayin local?" Daryl asks. "I-I don't know! T-they left me behind." Randall says defeatedly. 

"Did you ever pick off a scab?" Daryl asks menacingly. "Come on, Man! I-I'm tryin to cooperate!" Randall cries. "Start off real slow at first. Sooner or later you just gotta rip it off." Daryl mutter in the boys face. "Okay! Okay! T-Th-They have weapons. Heavy stuff, automatics. Bu-but I didn't do anything!" Randall pleads.

Daryl looks at Randall angrily. "Your boys shot and my boys, hit mah girl, tried to take this farm! You just went along for the ride? You're tryin to tell me you're innocent?" Daryl asks angrily. "Yes!" Randall claims breathing heavily. "Th-these people took me in. Not just guys, a whole group of em. Men and women, uh, kids too- just like you people." Randall states.

Once Daryl stands up, I grab the rag and move to clean his knee since it was exposed anyways. "Thought I'd have a better chance with them, you know? But... we go out, scavenge, just the men." Randall states calming down. I continue working to clean his leg as I glance up at him.

Randall continues and what he says makes my blood run cold. "One night we- we found this little campsite. A man and his two daughters- teenagers, ya know. Real young. Real cute. Their daddy had to watch while these guys- they- and they didn't even kill him afterwards. They just- they just made him watch as his daughters- they just- just left him there." Randall states.

Daryl places a hand on my shoulder and I more than willingly moved away from the boy. "No. But-but- but I didn't touch those girls. No, I swear! I didn't to-" Randall begins as Daryl kicks the boy. "Please! Please you gotta believe me man." Randall pleads. "I'm not like that." Randall pleads.