Ch. 9 Pups and the Brotherly Reunion

Marshall looked down and saw a black and brown German Shepherd staring up at him. The pup had a big scar over his left eye and was also wearing a satchel. "Excuse me... do you know where a... 'Ryder' ... lives?" The German Shepherd asked.

Marshall nodded, "Um, yeah, who are you?"

"M-Mighty. My friend, Tokyo brought me here." Mighty replied nervously.

"Oh! You know Tokyo?" Rocky asked.

"Y-Yeah... he's my best friend," Mighty said with a smile.

"Well, any friend of Tokyo is a friend of ours!" Marshall barked. Rocky, who was sitting in Marshall's firetruck, decided to jump out next to Mighty.

"You can take him to the Lookout in your truck. I'll just walk home. Besides, I want to check on Dissiath... and ask him some things." Rocky said with Marshall nodding.

"Okay, hop in," Marshall told to Mighty. The German Shepherd then climbed up into the truck and they drove down the road, leaving Rocky alone on the sidewalk.

"Okay... think about what you're gonna ask... " Rocky said to himself as he walked away toward Katie's, where Dissiath was.

________________________________________________________________________________

Marshall drove up to the Lookout and parked his truck. The two pups jumped out of the vehicle as it transformed into a house. "Whoa... " Mighty said in awe.

"Yeah, I forget how weird that is to people out of town. It's cool right?" Marshall asked, wagging his tail as he took off his uniform and gear.

"Y-Yeah. Where did Tokyo send me?" Mighty began to wonder as he looked up at the Lookout. It was... smaller looking in town than it is here.

"Okay, let's uh... oh wait... Ryder's in town with Chase and Sonic. Guess we have to wait for them."

Mighty nodded in understanding. "So uh... how many live here?" The German Shepherd asked, looking at the puphouses.

"A few of us. There's me, Rocky, Chase, Sonic, Ryder, Skye, Rubble, Dissiath, and Robby." Marshall exclaimed, tapping his toes on his paw as he counted each member of the team.

"That's a lot of people... " Mighty sighed.

"Mostly dogs actually." Marshall retorted. "Still the same thing."

They then heard a noise and looked over to see Rubble and Robby playing tug-of-war with a rope toy.

"Oh, hey it's two of my friends... or roommates I guess. I'll introduce you." Marshall said, padding over to the pair with the older German Shepherd behind him. "Hey guys, say hello to our new guest and friend!" Marshall called as Mighty felt the desire to dig into the ground and hide.

Rubble let go of the rope toy as Robby bounced back in surprise. "Hey, I'm Rubble!"

*Slam* "Owwww!" Robby whimpered. He was laying on his back, holding one of his legs.

"Oh, hang on Robby, I'm comi- " Marshall started to say, but Mighty rushed over to the little Labrador without hesitation. He rolled Robby over and looked over the leg. He then pulled his satchel out and opened it, revealing medical supplies and some food. Marshall and Rubble watched in dazed confusion as Mighty then sprayed some band-aid spray on the scratch Robby got.

"Just a simple cut. It'll heal." Mighty assured the puppy.

Marshall remained stiff, staring at Mighty as if studying him.

"Why, he's a faster medic than you!" Rubble joked as Marshall rolled his eyes.

"Wow! Thank you, Mister!" Robby said, hugging Mighty, surprising the German Shepherd. He smiled and hugged back, wagging his tail. He hadn't had a hug like this in a long while. He loved hugs. Robby then let go of the hug. "I'm Robby, what's your name?" Robby asked.