Ch. 8 Pups and the Truth

Ryder was inside his room, studying something on a PC of his. Chase walked up behind him as he was working. "Ryder sir. Zuma's Father was asking for you. What are you doing?" Chase asked, seeing Ryder studying something.

Zuma's Father, Zeke has lived at the Lookout for the past few days since his crew's ship was damaged. He's taking full advantage of this to spend time with his son, but he does like to speak with Ryder for old-time's sake. He knew Ryder when was a much younger boy.

"Sorry, Chase. I was just looking into some things." Ryder replied, leaning back for Chase to see. The pup saw a graph of some kind.

"What's that?" Chase asked.

"While looking into a way to get more money for Adventure Bay, I noticed that strange readings were coming off of the Mighty Meteor recently," Ryder explained.

"Really? But we haven't used it in months." Chase reasoned.

"Yeah, that's why I was looking into it. Look there... when it spiked in readings. It was the same day and time that Dissiath and Zuma went into the ship to save Zeke." Ryder explained.

"That's... oddly specific," Chase commented. "Why would it spike like that?"

"Hm... didn't Zuma say that Dissiath did something and the fire went out?" Ryder remembered.

"Yeah, Zeke said it was like an explosion went off since sound vanished when he did it. I do remember hearing an explosion around that time, now that we mention it." Chase said, looking down in thought.

"Hm... if that's the case, then it's possible the meteor reacted to Dissiath?" Ryder wondered.

"Is that even possible?" Chase asked.

"After events recently, I wouldn't doubt it." Ryder reasoned. "The question is.... what do we do with this info?" Ryder wondered.

"Safe bet is to keep him away from the meteor." Chase surmised.

Ryder nodded in agreement and stood up. "Better go see what Zeke needs."

________________________________________________________________________________

Skye was sitting on the floor of Katie's. She was looking up at Dissiath who was on the examination table. He was out cold.

"Morning Skye," Katie said, as she entered the Pet Parlor. "Didn't expect to see you here yet," Katie admitted, as she stored some dog food bags away.

"How's Dissiath doing?" Skye asked.

"He seems fine. The pup sure can sleep." Katie pointed out.

"Yeah, we noticed that when he first arrived. When do you think he'll wake up though?" Skye asked. "I've never known someone to sleep this long."

"Whatever he did on the ship, seemed to cause something like a mini-coma. I couldn't tell you when he'd wake up, though he clearly is still alive and well. I'll continue to watch him, but like I told Rocky, you need to just wait this out and have faith he'll be fine.

"Rocky was here?" Skye asked.

"He seems to check every few hours. I love how much he cares for his friend." Katie chuckled, finishing on storing dog food.

"Yeah... " Skye sighed, looking up at Dissiath.

________________________________________________________________________________

Dissiath was walking around in a strange place. It was like walking in a mirror room with a water bed for a floor. "Where... am I?" Dissiath asked. He continued to walk, yearning for a way out as he'd been walking for a while. Soon, he managed to find a corner and turned down it. He froze upon seeing a man wearing a suit coat.