Ch. 1 Pups Save... the Human Pup?

One morning in Adventure Bay, Chase and the pups were doing their morning exercises.

"Come on Rubble! You can do better than that!" Chase shouted through a megaphone, as the little bulldog ran by him.

"Five laps around the whole Lookout is a bit much y'know!" Rubble replied as he passed Chase up.

"You've only got one lap to go and then we're all done for the morning! Come on, dude!" Zuma barked.

"Keep going Rubble!" Skye added.

Soon after a bit of a struggle, Rubble made his final lap and fell on his side, panting.

"Good job Rubble," Chase said. "You actually beat your best time." He added with a wink.

"Hooray... " Rubble sighed in exhaustion.

"When you've caught your breath, we'll head inside to play or watch TV."

"No, not me today," Rocky said, walking up to Chase.

"Why not?"

"I'm going in the woods with Everest and Jake to help clean up an area by a stream," Rocky replied.

"Oh, will you need help?" Skye asked, stepping up to the two.

"Nah, we got it. Thanks though. See you all later." Rocky said, trotting off.

"Later, " Chase nodded as everyone else went inside the Lookout.

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile... in another world, a guy was writing stories on his computer. "Maybe if the plot goes this direction... " The man said in thought. After typing for a minute, his mind drifted off in thought. "Man... I sometimes wonder." He said, no one really knowing what was on his mind.

After working on the stories a bit more, he turned his computer chair ready to leave. "Time to go... " He sighed, fixing to stand up when he heard a strange sound. He quickly turned to the source of the sound and noticed the computer was brighter than before.

"Um... did I up the brightness?" He wondered, reaching for the mouse. Suddenly, the computer's screen became blindingly bright, making him shield his eyes. "Gah!" He shouted and soon the light overtook him and his room. After a few seconds, the light faded and the man was gone. The computer then shut off as if no one was ever using it.

________________________________________________________________________________

Rocky, Everest, and Jake were heading along a trail that lead to a stream. "I haven't been this deep in the woods since I and Skye went on our pup-scouts trip. Mayor Goodway hasn't bothered to do another one since. May have to find a new pup-scout leader." Rocky surmised.

"Possibly. Mayor Goodway is busy all the time anyway." Jake agreed. "I could probably be your pup-scout leader." Jake offered.

"You're busy all the time too, Jake." Everest reminded. "I'm sure you'll find someone," Everest assured Rocky.

The three stopped once they arrived at the stream. There was trash everywhere and a bit of mud too. "This will take a minute to clean up." Rocky thought to himself. "Let's get started." Rocky barked, opening his pup-pack as he darted to the nearest soda can. Everest and Jake chuckled at the puppy's enthusiasm as they began to clean up too.

________________________________________________________________________________

On a nearby cliff, a Jack-Russel Terrier with black fur lay on a rock. The rock was stuck into the ground barely and the stream brushed against it. The dog groaned hearing voices nearby. He opened his eyes and rubbed his head.