Part Twenty Three

*On the Isle of the Lost...

"Elphaba, come look at this!" Fiyero called, watching a small tv in their shop.

Elphaba turned around with annoyance, holding a jar of herbs in her hand. She stopped short seeing her daughter on the screen. The VK's were all getting asked about their outfits; Evie holding Eleanor's hand as she talked about the dresses.

"And Eleanor, those shoes are a statement; stealing my stile a bit?" Dorthy asked,(conveniently, she was the news woman for this event) the camera focusing on Eleanor's silver shoes for a moment.

Dorthy shoved a microphone towards Eleanor. Eleanor looked at Evie as though she was asking for approval, Evie giving a slight nod.

"Technically, you stole it from my aunt first; don't flatter yourself by thinking I care that much about you, farm girl." Eleanor stated, a small smirk on her face.

Dorthy pulled back the microphone slowly, a flabbergasted look on her face as the two girls walked away; Evie blowing a kiss at the camera and Eleanor pushing her glasses back up with a satisfied glint in her eyes.

Elphaba placed the jar on a shelf, a proud expression on her face, "That's my girl."

*Back in Auradon...

"Carlos," Eleanor called, walking over to the boy.

He turned towards her, a bit of surprise crossing his face, "Ella, I didn't think you were coming." He said, lightly gesturing at her.

"Evie convinced me." Eleanor said, looking over at the blue haired girl.

"Nice shoes," A boy said.

Eleanor spun around in confusion to see Dorian and Gabriela.

"Although, you didn't have to tell off my mother because of them." Dorian stated, wearing a pair of bright red dress shoes.

"Leave her alone!" Gabriela lightly scolded, playfully hitting him in the arm before walking over to Eleanor, "I didn't think you were coming, I'm so glad you decided to show!"

"You are?" Eleanor questioned skeptically, the blonde hugging her tightly.

"Of course," Gabriela said, pulling back from the strangling hug, "you're my best friend!"

Eleanor had conflicted feelings at her statement. On one hand, Gabriela considers her her best friend. On the other, Gabriela considers her her best friend.

She had been aggressively friend-zoned; weather intentionally or not.

"You look beautifully! I mean, you always look beautiful. I mean-um, you look more beautiful." Eleanor complimented clumsily, closing her eyes momentarily as she mentally smacked herself in the face.

Gabriela was wearing a very fluffy pink dress, covered in sparkling silver gems. The dress had puffy sleeves and went down almost to the floor, hitting around her ankles. On her feet were a pair of velvet, pink high heals, and on her head was that same pink flower clip; secured into her lightly curled blonde hair.

Evie smiled to herself at Eleanor's clumsy compliment, along with Carlos. Dorian just gave the green-girl a weird look.

"Thank you, so do you! That dress really suits you! I love the hat and shoes." Gabriela responded cheerfully, a light pink flush on her face.

"Thank you." Eleanor said, going a darker shade of green as she had started doing more and more around Gabriela.

Evie left shortly after that to go find Doug, and Carlos to go find Jane. The two girls left behind had a bit more awkward small talk, Dorian adding to the conversation every once in a while.

"Hello, lady's!" Jay greeted, bowing in a joking manner.

"Hello," Lonnie said, waving at the three of them.

"And look who got convinced to come." Jay added, gesturing to Eleanor.

"Oh my gosh! Are you and Dorian back together?" Lonnie asked Gabriela excitedly, causing Jay to turn to her.

"Oh, ah-" Gabriela stammered, not sure how to answer.

Dorian was a bit confused, showing it clearly on his face.

Gabriela looked over at her green friend, Eleanor looked back at her with a raised eyebrow; Jay was busy glaring at Dorian.

"I-it's not exactly official." Gabriela answered unsurely, looking down at the ground.

Dorian looked over at Eleanor, a good deal of confusion passing his face when he realized she looked quietly pleased with Gabriela's answer.

The farm boy now had many questions;

Does Gabriela not want to get back together?

Why was Eleanor acting so weird when I asked her about Gabriela?

Why is Eleanor happy we aren't dating? (At least not officially.)

Does she just hate me?

Does she like Gabriela?

What if Gabriela likes her?!