Part Four

Eleanor walked into the VK's room and angrily slammed the door behind her.

"What's up with you?" Evie questioned as Eleanor threw her bag onto a chair.

"That blonde little pink princess has asked me to meet up with her after school!" Eleanor said, pitching up her voice to mock Gabriela's.

There was a knock at the door, stopping Eleanor from expressing her anger farther.

"Hold that thought," Mal said, getting up to answer it.

"Hey," Ben said while he stood in the doorway.

"Hey?" Mal said in a confused tone, furrowing her brow.

Eleanor glared at the two of them with an angry expression.

"I uh, was just wanting to see if anyone needed anything?" He said, looking over Mal's shoulder.

"Not that I know of..." Mal said, turning around.

The group shook their heads. Eleanor stood next to Carlos as they both watched the conversation.

"Oh, ah, Eleanor," Ben said, catching her attention, "Gabriela has been looking for you."

The boy pointed his thumb over his shoulder.

"Right," Eleanor said, crossing her arms over her chest.

She walked up to where Mal was standing. Her and Ben made eye contact, an awkward moment of silence passing.

"Oh!" Ben said, moving aside so she could walk past.

Eleanor started to leave but stopped when she noticed Ben staring.

"What?" She exclaimed, glaring at the boy as she waited for an answer.

"Oh, ah, nothing!" Ben said quickly, rubbing his neck and making the mistake of moving away.

Eleanor took a quick, annoyed breath, "No, I'm not contagious, yes, I've always been green, no, I don't have a third eye! Does that sum things up?!" She announced to a very distressed Ben.

Before he could say anything, Eleanor stormed off; leaving a confused and scared Ben, as well as four VK's who saw the outburst coming a mile away.

***

Eleanor walked around for a while before she ran into the blonde bubbly girl.

"There you are, I've been looking everywhere for you!" She said, grabbing Eleanor's hand and starting to pull her somewhere.

"Wait! Where are we going?" Eleanor asked as Gabriela pulled her along.

"My dorm room, silly." Gabriela said in a "where else" tone.

She dragged her until they reached her room. Pulling keys out of her bag, she unlocked the door to reveal a very pink bedroom. One thing Eleanor noticed was there was only one bed.

"Do you have your own room?" Eleanor asked, gesturing to the single bed.

"Oh, yeah!" Gabriela said happily.

Time past as the two talked about random things. Well, Gabriela talked about random things, Eleanor responded occasionally.

"Oh! You know what we could do?" Gabriela asked with an exited tone.

"What?" Eleanor asked hesitantly.

"Ugh! You didn't even try to guess!" The blonde whined, "We could tell each other secrets!" Gabriela said, not giving Eleanor a chance to respond, "I'll go first; me and Jay are going to be married!"

The girl jumped around her excitedly.

"What! Have the two of you even had a conversation yet?!" Eleanor asked, walking over to the jumping girl.

"Oh, he doesn't know yet." Gabriela said with a laugh.

Eleanor sighed and sat back down. The room was silent for a moment as she stared down at her shoes.

"Your turn," Gabriela said, climbing up next to her, "Tell me something!"

She laid down on her stomach, resting her chin in her hands, her legs swinging slightly.

"Like what?" Eleanor asked, looking down at her and fiddling with a silver and emerald ring on her finger.

"Like," Gabriela started, reaching over and snatching the ring from Eleanor, "why you keep fidgeting with this ring!"

She stood up holding the ring in the air, dangling it high as Eleanor tried to retrieve it.

"Give that back!" Eleanor said, finally snatching the piece of jewelry.

Gabriela gave a surprised look.

"It was a gift from my mother. It was my grandmother's," Eleanor said, looking down, her cheeks flushed.

"Well that's no fair," Gabriela said, flopping onto her bed, "I told you a really good one!"

Eleanor sat down on the bed next to her, still fiddling with her ring. She looked at Gabriela than back to the jewelry.

"I'm cursed." She said with a sigh.

"Well that's not a secret." Gabriela said, sitting back up.

"Not this!" Eleanor said, gesturing to herself.

Gabriela looked at her expectingly, feeling bad about her previous words.

"I'm allergic to water." Eleanor said, looking at Gabriela and seemingly realizing what she said, "But don't tell-"

Eleanor was cut of by Gabriela hugging her.

After a hug that went on for a second to long in Eleanor 's opinion, Gabriela spoke.

"Can I call you 'Ellie'?" She asked.

"Sorry?" Eleanor asked in return, looking at her with a confused expression.

"Well, all your friends call you 'Ella'. So I thought, now that we're friends-"

"We're friends?" Eleanor questioned, interrupting Gabriela.

"Of course!" The blonde responded happily.

The two looked at each other for a moment to long. Gabriela had a confused look, beginning to say something.

"I have to go." Eleanor said, quickly grabbing her bag and leaving.

"Goodbye?" Gabriela said, a bit confused by her suddenly leaving.

She sat on her bed for a moment. Thinking. She flopped backwards and looked at the large light fixture hanging from the sealing.

"Yeah, I'm gonna call her 'Ellie'."