Part Five

"Gabby!" Dorian half yelled, running across the courtyard.

Gabriela sighed and turned towards him. Dorian stopped in front of her and straightened his shirt.

"So," he started, trying his best to sound calm, "how did it go?"

"It's none of your-"

"Gabriela!" A boy called, running up to them.

The boy had short silver hair and cloudy grey eyes. He was wearing a grey tank top (which showed the heart tattoo on his right arm) and a pair of black jeans.

He looked at Gabriela with distress on his face.

"Hello, Edward!" Gabriela said, trying to sound preppy.

"Is it true you talked to The Wicked Witches daughter?!" He asked, looking as though he was about to faint. "And my name is 'Edwin'." He added with an exhausted tone, as though he had said it a million times.

"Yes, I think we could be good friends!" Gabriela said with real excitement in her voice.

"F-friends?!" Edwin stuttered, "you c-can't be s-serious!"

"I couldn't agree more, Edwin." Dorian said in a happy tone, patting him on the head.

Edwin gave him a weird look at the touch, yet did nothing to stop him.

"Oh, come on, just give her a chance!" Gabriela said with annoyance.

At this point, Eleanor walked by with Mal at her side. They were having their own conversation. 

"You told her that!" Mal exclaimed, as Eleanor was explaining her time with Gabriela.

"I don't know why I did it!" Eleanor shot back, glaring at Mal with anger.

(As you might have realized, the two don't really get along.)

"Oh, Ellie!" Gabriela called, waving her hand dramatically.

When Eleanor gave her a "why me, why now" look, she continued waving her hand at her; Dorian gave a sigh while Edwin moved behind him.

"You have fun with that." Mal said, walking off to go meet Evie.

Eleanor gave Mal an angry look and reluctantly walked over, standing awkwardly next to Gabriela.

Dorian glared at Eleanor, Edwin still cowering behind him. There was a long silence before Gabriela finally spoke.

"Ellie, this is Edward! Edward, this is Ellie!" Gabriela said, gesturing to both of them.

"It's 'Eleanor'." Eleanor corrected, glaring at Edwin.

Edwin was silent, frozen in place. Dorian tried to push the boy away from him. To no avail, I might add.

Eleanor looked at him for a moment before she noticed the tattoo on his arm. She immediately understood why he was freaking out. And why he looked so small minded... Not to mention how short he was.

*later that day...

"So we're going to make magical cookies to make Ben fall in love?" Eleanor asked the rest of the group.

"Glad you're all caught up." Mal said as she began to get out the supplies.

The five began making cookies before coming to a standstill.

"It says we need one tear of human sadness. And we never cry." Mal looked around at her friends.

"We could get Ella to cry,"Jay stated, making
Eleanor whip her head around to look at him.

"We could show you some sappy animal videos." Jay laughed, hitting Carlos's arm.

"No." Carlos said protectively(though he knew Jay was joking-he'd never make Eleanor cry).

"Okay," Jay said, grabbing an onion from the table, "how about we just cut up some unions?"

Carlos walked over to Eleanor and brought her to the side of the room.

"How did everything go with that blonde girl?" He asked curiously.

"I think it went good." Eleanor said plainly.

Carlos nodded as he smiled a little. He turned his face stern again as he walked over to the others.

Eleanor stood where she was for a moment longer, mumbling to herself, "Yeah, I think it went good."