10

The next morning I was woken up by Harry, who's tired eyes mirrored my own as we got dressed and gathered all of out luggage. 

I turned to Zephyr, smiling slightly as I pet her and she ate food from my hand.

Though I jumped slightly as our door was thrown open, revealing an irritated Ron as he pulled his sweater over his head.

"The sooner we get on the train, the better," he said. "At least I can get away from Percy at Hogwarts. Now he's accusing me of dripping tea on his photo of Penelope Clearwater. You know," Ron grimaced, "his girlfriend. She's hidden her face under the frame because her nose has gone all blotchy..."

As much as I would love to hear Ron continue to complain about Percy, Harry and I had much bigger thoughts that were eating away at us. I looked to Harry with a face he seemed to understand and he nodded as we both looked back to our friend. 

"We've got something to tell you," Harry began, ready for us to tell Ron what we heard last night, but he was interrupted by Fred and George as they walked into the room. 

George looked his usual, cheery and mischievous self, but Fred, I could see the worry still in his eyes from the conversation we had last night. He walked right over to me while George congratulated Ron on infuriating Percy even more than he already had the day before.

He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly. 

"I have to be, don't I?" I asked with a half smile making him frown.

"No, you don't, especially around me. You're allowed to not be okay." He said with a small smile making me smile also, and overwhelming feeling of support and comfort radiating though me at his words.

We watched as George went on with a smile about what they did to the badge last night as he now told Ron, but continued to speak quietly.

"Im guessing you didn't tell George?" I asked.

"Nah, that's something that you should tell him, not me. I know I tell him everything, but I know when to keep things to myself, and I will keep this to myself until you want him to know, despite how hard it might be." he joked making me smile.

"I appreciate that, Freddie." I say leaning my head on his should, I could feel him tense up, but he soon relaxes.

"Of course, Y/n." he says, his voice low as he placed his own head on top of my own making me close my eyes for a moment.

And for the first time in what felt like forever, I felt at peace.

Though it couldn't last forever as I heard my named called and lifted my head up looking back over to the others. 

"You alright there, Y/n?" It was George who must have noticed his brothers and my silence.

"Yeah, just tired." I said with a small smile, he looked unsure at this, his eyes meeting Freds, almost as if trying to communicate on if I was telling the truth, but Fred just cleared his throat and looked down making George raise a suspicious brow. 

George started walking over to us and was about to speak when their mother called for us to all head downstairs. 

When we reached the breakfast table at the inn, I saw Mr. Weasley wad reading the front page of the Daily Prophet with a furrowed brow and Mrs. Weasley was telling Hermione and Ginny about a love potion she made when she was younger, I chuckled a bit seeing how giggly the three were. 

"What were you saying," Ron suddenly asked, remembering what we were about to tell him before the twins came in. 

"Later," was all I said looking to him as we sat at the table, just as Percy stormed in.