8

"Could I have your attention, please?"

We all go silent.

"Right. Now, today we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so."

We all watch as Professor Mcgonaglle raises her wand before pointing it to a bird on her desk.

"One, two, three. Vera Verto." She says and I watch in amazement as the bird turns into a goblet making me smile.

I could hear other gasps throughout the room.

"Now it's your turn." She says to us all and I excitedly pick up my wand.

"Who would like to go first?" She asks walking towards us all.

Before I could even raise my hand I frown as she heads straight over to Ron.

Why ask if your gonna pick anyway?

"Ah, Mr. Weasley. One, two, three. Vera Verto."

I watch as he nods his head with a smile before looking to scabbers who was on his desk.

"Ahem. Vera Verto." He exclaims after flicking his wand three times.

I watch with wide eyes though as the rat turns into a furry tea cup with a tail.

Disgusting.

The class all laughs at poor Ron who frowns.

"That wand needs replacing Mr. Weasley." She says to him.

Suddenly Hermione from besides me raises her hand and I look to her confused.

"Yes, Miss Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about...the Chamber of Secrets."

We all look up at this surprised by her question but deep down we were all wondering the same exact thing.

It was hard to focus since the night in the corridors, it seemed to haunt me.

She looks to us all seeing our curiosity and gives us a straight face with a sigh.

"Very well." She says slightly anxious it seemed.

I leaned forward at this wanting to be sure I hear all she has to say.

"We'll, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor; Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin."

"Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who." Ron mutters making me snort in agreement.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods."

My eyes drift to Draco at this statement as he reminded me so much of this Salazar Slytherin, though I can't help but feel he's more than meets the eye as he didn't grin as I expected but seemed to frown slightly.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it. Until that time when his own true heir returned to the school."

"The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherins view, we're unworthy to study magic." She finishes making making the gears in my brain shift as I took in everything she said.