1

I'm the late dark hours of the night we come across a seemingly normal town, a normal neighborhood, a normal street.

Privet Drive

And there is an unusual sight.

An owl perched on the street sign and then just like that it is off.

It flies away and brings into view a man coming from out of the woods nearby.

He was an older man, dressed in very peculiar clothing. Had a pointy hat and a matching long white beard along with a flowing robe.

He walks closer to a specific house and passes by a grey cat who watched as the man passed.

Suddenly the man stops holding up an unknown device which he opens as light from a street pole is suddenly sucked into it.

Then another and another until the street is dark.

Just as the man finishes he looks over hearing a meow from nearby him and smiles lightly.

"I should have known that you'd be here, Professor Mcgonagall. " He said in a soft day dream like voice.

The cat is then suddenly no longer a cat but a women. Tall and very well composed. She dressed just as odd as the other man, a long robe and a even pointier hat.

"Good evening Professor Dumbledore." She says politely approaching the man.

They walk side by side as she quickly and with fear asked him "Are the rumors true?"

"I'm afraid so professor. The good and the bad." He says solemnly. She looks saddened by this but perks up slightly.

"And the twins?"

"Hagrid is bringing them." He tells her making a worried look glint in her eye.

"You think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this." She asks.

"Ah professor, I'd trust Hagrid with my life." He says confidently turning to the women with a reassuring smile.

They both turn as a low grumble and bright light crosses the sky and then heads right for them.

At closer inspection it is a man riding a motorcycle and he lands right in front of the two.

He stops and lifts his spectacles before looking to the older man.

"Professor Dumbledore sir, Professor Mcgonaglle." He greets getting off of the bike with a heavy accent. He was a very large man, with wild brown freezy hair and a matching brown beard.

"No problems I trust Hagrid?" He asks.

"No sir, the little tykes fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol." He chuckles slightly carrying the two bundles over to the Professors.

"Try no to wake them." He adds as Dumbledore takes the boy and Mcgonaglle hesitantly takes the girl.

She fixes the baby in her arms and smiles with relief that both her and her brothers were safe and then frowns as she lightly runs a finger over the lightning bolt scar on her forehead.

Her brother has the exact same mark.

A mark that is what's left of a tragic story.

As they both walk up to the door she turns to Dumbledore not liking this idea at all.

"Albus, do you really think it's safe. Leaving them with these people!" She exclaims lowly with disgust almost.

"I've been watching them all day, their the worst sort of muggles imaginable. They really are." She says with much distaste.

"They are the only family the two have." He tells her simply. She rolls her eyes at that much rather having taken the children somewhere else.

"These twins will be famous, there won't be a child in our world who doesn't know their names." She adds as they finally reach the door step.

"Exactly." He tells her lowly.

"They are far better off growing up away from all that.... until they are ready." He says giving the boy one last look before setting him down to the doorstep.

The women frowned at this and looks the the baby in her arms, the last thing she wanted to do was leave these poor children here.

The older man gives the women a look and she sighs giving in as she bends down to gently place the girl with her brother.

Before she pulls away she gently touches both of their faces one last time with a small smile.

She stands and from behind them they can hear Hagrid sniffling as he cries slightly.

"There there Hagrid. It's not really goodbye after all." Dumbledore tells him.

He nods still sad but understands.

They all look to the twins one last time before Dumbledore places a note on top of the bundle of children addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, 4 Privet Drive.

"Good luck Harry and Y/n Potter." He says lastly to the twins as the were cuddled together hand in hand.