19

During my time at Hogwarts I've been to several feasts, but never one quite like this. Everyone was in their pajamas, and the celebration lasted all night.

 I didn't know which part of the evening was best, though Hermione may take the gold as she ran th us once we entered the hall screaming, "You solved it! You solved it!" or perhaps Justin hurrying over from Hufflepuff table to wring his hand and apologize endlessly for suspecting Harry and I, or Hagrid turning up at half past three, cuffing Harry, Ron, Fred, George and I on the shoulders  so hard that we were locked into our plates of trifles, of our total of one thousand points for Gryffindor securing the House Cup for the second year running, or professor McGonagall standing up to tell us all that the exams had been cancelled as a school treat, making Hermione wallow sadly, and we all looedk to her as though she was crazy. Or even Dumbledore announcing that, fortunately, Professor Lockhart would be unable to return next year, owing to the fact that he needed go away and get his memories back.

Quite a few of the teachers joined in the cheering that greeted this news.

"Shame," Fred said looking to me with a fake sad face making me chuckle.

"And he was just starting to grow on me." I said making him laugh lightly as he helped himself a jam doughnut.

The rest of the final term passed in a haze of blazing sunshine. Hogwarts was back to normal with only a few, small differences....Defense Against the Dark Arts classes were canceled.

"But we've had plenty of practice at that anyway." Ron would say to a disgruntled Hermione.

And Lucius Malfoy had been sacked as a school governor. Draco was no longer strutting around the school as though he owned the place. On the contrary, he looked resentful and sulky. on the other hand, Ginny Weasley was perfectly happy again.

Too soon, it was time for the journey home on the Hogwarts express. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Ginny and I got a compartment to ourselves. We made the most of the last few hours in which we were allowed to do magic before the holidays. We played Exploding Snap, set off the very last of Fred and Georges Filibuster fireworks, and practiced disarming each other by magic.

Harry and I were very good at it.

We were almost at Kings Cross when Harry spoke up looking to Ginny as though he remembered something suddenly. 

"Ginny....what did you see Percy doing, that he didn't want you to tell anyone?"

"Oh, that," said Ginny as she giggled.

"Well....Percy's got a girlfriend."

Fred dropped a stack of books on Georges head at this.

"What?!"

"Its the Ravenclaw prefect, Penelope Clearwater," said Ginny.

"Thats who he was writing to all last summer. Hes been meeting her all over the school in secret. I walked in on them kissing in an empty classroom one day. He was so upset when she was...you know....attacked. You won't tease him, will you?" she added anxiously.

Though I already knew the answer to that as I looked to the red headed twins.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Fred said, who was looking like his birthday had come early.

"Definitely not." said George, sniggering. 

The Hogwarts Express slowed and finally stopped. I quickly pulled out my quill and a piece of parchment turning to Hermione and the Weasleys. 

"This is called a telephone number," I told them, well specifically the group of red heads as I scribbled it down several times, and then tearing the parchment up handing them each one. "I told your dad how to use a telephone last summer...he'll know. Call us at the Dursleys', okay? I can't stand another two months with just Harry and Dudley to talk to..." I joked making Harry glare at me slightly before chucking himself.

"Your aunt and uncle will be proud though, won't they?" asked Hermione as we all got of the train and joined the crowd thronging toward the enchanted barrier. "When they hear what you two did this year?" Fred added making me snort.

"Proud?" Harry and I ask.

"Are you crazy? All those times we could've died, and wow didn't manage it?" Harry asked as he looked to me.

"They'll be furious." I finished, though I could care lass at the moment about that. I just wanted to spend these last few moments with my friends.

As we walked further Fred stopped me suddenly as he grabbed my upper arm.

I looked to him as he smiled a bit, "Well, just so you know, i'm proud, very actually." I smiled softly at this before throwing my arms around him as we hugged for a moment. We pulled away smiling and I linked our arms together making him laugh as we walked to catch up with the others.

And together we walked back through the gateway the Muggle world.