6

Later on we made our way to our next class, being defense against the dark arts.

This class always got my attention and was one I really wanted to learn but I frowned walking into the class as I see several photos on stands of that man from the bookstore. I can't recall his name, but why were these all here?

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher...me."

The second that final word came out of his mouth I wanted to throw myself out of the castle window.

There's no way he's qualified to be our teacher, he's a complete fake and egotistical self obsessed twit.

I'd do anything for Snape to have gotten this position instead of him. And that's saying a lot.

"Gilderoy Lockhart. Order of Merlin. Third class. Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League  and five times winner... of Witch Weekly's most charming smile award."

I frown watching as he walked to the front of the room and turn seeing basically every girl in the class swooning over the man.

It made me feel sick because what can they see in the man, even Hermione was staring at him dreamily.

I was glad to see most of the boys in the class didn't fall for his front either.

I was glad I sat next to Neville I'm this class as if I was sitting next to Hermione, I'd want to shake the crazy out of her.

I watched as Ron and Harry grimaced watching the man, I never thought I'd see the day they had more sense then Hermione did.

I focus back to Lockhart though as he finally reached the front of the class.

"Now, be warned. It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard kind...." He starts and I whisper to Neville "I hope that includes himself also."

This makes him snicker as he says "I honestly don't see what everyone sees in the man. Even my Gran has his magazine covers."

I smile and say "My dear Neville this is why you are my friend, you have taste and can see through others clear lies."

His blushes and says "Well, it's not hard when it's a git like him."

This makes us both laugh before looking to him again as he stood by a covered cage getting my attention.

"You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Known only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them!"

We all gasp as he yells ripping the cover from the cage but I frown seeing small creatures.

"What the...." I mutter before noticing a terrified Neville shrinking behind me as he peaks his head over my shoulder.

They were blue and they squealed loudly shaking the cage trying to get out.

"Cornish Pixies?" Seamus asks amused.

Everyone looked to the creatures not thinking much and expecting much worse.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies." He finishes making Seamus laugh at the creatures.

"Laugh if you will Mr. Finnegan but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighted." Lockhart tells him.

My eyes widen though as he reaches for the cage door and says "Let's see what you make of them."

He then opens it and the all fly out making everyone scream.

Everyone began freaking out trying to get the pixies away from them while Lockhart just talked more.