Puppy eyes for a grumpy man

Turning around stoic and determined he returned to his chair with a mental note to never revisit the emotion that almost started to rise within him.

He questioned himself, why did he let alcohol take over him. He definitely blamed alcohol for his behaviour after all he can never allow himself to be in love. 'who said you are in love?' a voice in his head asked him. He acknowledged that he was starting to have feelings for Mrs woods, feelings of sympathy, feelings of guilt, feelings of anger and last he checked these feelings did not mean love. He took a long breath of relief. It must definitely be alcohol he declared. He slept soon after the quarrel of his proactive thoughts.

It was early in the morning when he heard a lot of noise coming from the outside. He stood up in a flash only to realise he has hangover but that could not misbalance him. In two steps he was at the window just to realise the presence of press. Today world will meet Mrs woods, a smirk appeared on his lips.
He was quick to call his bodyguard to fetch his suit and most necessarily his morning essentials. After everything being summoned to him, he was ready in a flash. He obviously took shower in the common bathroom and not the one in his wife's room. He didn't want to wake her up. He waited in the living room for caliber to wake up.

Suddenly someone tried to attack him from behind, well not someone, his wife to be precise, tried to hit him with a pan. Quickly saving himself from the attack of a lifetime he looked right into the eyes of his wife. Her hair was a mess and she definitely did not shower before barging in to kill a man in her living room but if only looks could kill she would have aced her job today. Mr woods smirked as his thoughts occupied him. Of course they were interrupted and brought back to reality.

Honk once if you want them in arms like they were.
Honk twice if you want them to kiss.
While we play such silly games, Mrs woods got ready to leave.

She was nervous, I'm not saying this but Mr woods thought so, from his first glance at her he could tell that she was nervous and man something was happening within him to look at her all nervous. Let's open a dictionary and find a word that can explain an indescribable emotion which could drive a person insane? What could it be?
Hmmm, that's a toughie
Nervously she put a strand of her hair behind her ear. Mr woods knows he has an affect on people, specially ladies but it never stirred up his emotions. With each look at his wife something was happening inside of him. Knowing that he makes her nervous was making him not only proud but also pushing him into an enchanted territory. He could not help but to be of help at this moment. He wanted to calm her down. He wanted to make her feel safe. He grabbed her hand and opened the door to introduce his wife.

~***~

Vincent was sitting in his drawing room expecting his wife to break into the house anytime but he did not expect her to almost break her bones instead as she falls right into the room.
He rushes straight to lift her, his eyes searching for any kind of injury on her body when he notices her hand has slight mark of injury.

"Are you alright?"
He asks looking in her eyes as if his eyes are some kind of lie detector machine. In reply of his question she nodded lightly.

Just then he saw bruises on her wrist as if someone grabbed her hand with force. His blood was boiling on the inside. Making sure that he doesn't scare Caliber he composes his voice and asks "what happened to your hand?"

Caliber seemed to be dismissive of her hand's condition from the very first glance. She replied "Oh it's nothing."

Catching her lie Vincent asked one more question to be sure "Did you get it from falling?"
"Yes, just when I fell."
"How come you have red marks around your wrist as if somebody had forcefully grabbed you?"
He was not ready to let this go and he won't let it go.