Chapter One

Kehlani "Delicious" Jackson
Have you ever wondered what your life would be like under different circumstances? A different area, family, a completely different lifestyle? I'm amazed that you have the time to think about how awful your life is. Me, I have no time for contemplation, what if's, or what could've been. All I know are the streets. That's all I've ever known. My mother: a crack head who I haven't seen since I was twelve. My father: shit, I never knew him. I doubt my mother did either. She slept with so many people in order to get her fix it didn't surprise me that I didn't have a father figure.

I been in these streets since I could remember. I wouldn't be able to survive without doing what I have to do. I started with the little things. Simple selling weed on the corners in the projects where I live. The more I worked, the more I earned trust with the Wilson Cartel. I went from a simple bag girl, to eventually selling the big stuff. Cocaine, heroine, everything. But that still wasn't enough. Not only was I selling drugs, but I was one of the Cartels "Glamour Girls." We strip and help lore in customers that are extremely late on payments.

Now I'm not proud of what I do. Not at all. I may do things that I shouldn't, but I have bills to pay and things to get done. I only have myself and that's how it's always been. I've found that I can only rely on myself. I have my own back.

I was currently sitting on my bed reading at one of the many trap houses owned by the Wilson's. The Glamour Girls all stay in one single house because we have nowhere else to go. I'm only here until I get enough money saved up for school and someplace to stay. No one knows how badly I wish I could leave this place. If I could, I would have been left this second hell.

"Delicious!" Somebody yelled out. Delicious was my stage name. All the Glamour Girls were instructed to never ever give out their government name. You never know who's tryna kill you out here.

I looked up to see Yandi standing in the doorway to my room. She was second in charge of all the girls on the inside. First in command is Tatiyana.

"Wassup Yandi?" I asked.

"Daddy is hosting a meeting tonight. He said it's extremely important and that all the GG's must attend. Just wanted to give you a heads up so you could look good," she explained. The man running the show is Tyler Wilson. He made all of us refer to him as "Daddy" and nothing else.

"Okay thanks Yandi," I gave her a small smile and continued reading.

"Girl you better not let Kyrie catch you with that book," she shook her head. Kyrie has been trying to get at me for a few years now. He was pretty ahead in the business but something just told me to stay away from him.

"Ain't nobody scared of Kyrie," I sucked my teeth.

"Yeah but you know how he is. Especially when it comes to you. You know he won't give you any jobs..."

"I wish he would. Thanks though. So watchu wearin tonight to the meeting?" I asked changing the subject.

"I don't know actually. I think Daddy is bringing in Skye for us."

"He's bringing in Skye?" My eyebrows shot up. She was our personal designer for events and things like that. "Must be a really big meeting. You have any idea what it's about?"

"Well I've heard that X might be replaced," she sighed. X was the second in command to Tyler as well as his son. As far as I knew, he had two sons but no one has ever met the second.

"Wait, are you serious? I know X is pissed."

"I know. As far as I've heard he'll still be involved just not Daddy's right hand man. But hey we'll see how it goes. So if I were you, I'd start getting ready. It's already six and it's at eight. So we need to be ready by seven thirty at the latest. So meet us in the main hall when you shower," she explained. I nodded and she closed the door behind her. I sighed and placed my book back in the lining of my mattress. I know I have nothing to be ashamed of, but I don't need people thinkin I'm weak. Because show one sign of it, and they will never forget it.