Chapter 66

- Thank you so much for your help. - Mon said to her parents, who were already inside their car.

- Don't you need anything else from us? - Jor asked. - I can help you if you need me to stay a bit longer.

- Don't worry about it. We have enough hands to do what's left. Enjoy your weekend at the beach. - Sam smiled at them.

- Alright, we won't bother you any longer. - Ann looked outside the co-pilot's window. - Goodbye Song. - she said, in a sweet voice, and the kid came close to her so the woman could kiss her cheek. - You can come and visit us at our place whenever you want.

- I will. - she smiled while replying to her. - Drive safely.

- We will. Goodbye.

Jor started the car and the three waved goodbye. When the car was out of sight, Mon, Sam and Song carried one box each inside the house. In the living room, they found the rest of the boxes that, a few minutes prior, were inside of Jor's car. Inside those boxes were all of Mon's belongings from her parents house and the few things she had brought from London. She still had some of her stuff left in the UK, so Mon would have to go there and pack her belongings, but they would have time to do so. Maybe on a trip with Sam and Song so she could show them where she lived.

Since that day at the hospital where she asked Mon to move in, Sam had been preparing for Mon's arrival. She had been living alone with Song for eight years, because Kirk always spent the nights at his place with Seth, so Sam had to figure out how to make space for Mon's belongings. She ended up deciding that, even though it was sad, she had to give all of Kirk's clothes to charity and keep the rest of his possessions in boxes until she could find the right place for them, so Mon could use Kirk's office as her own space to work. Mon had told her it wasn't necessary, that she could rent an office somewhere downtown. However, Sam had insisted that she should also have her own place there, because it was her house as well and because Kirk should have wanted to make her feel at home.

- Alright, I think it's time. - Song said, when she left the last box inside Mon's new office, looking at the clock on the wall.

- Time for what? - her mother asked, confused. - Are you going somewhere?

- I am. I'm meeting my girl friend today. - she answered, calmly.

- What?! - Sam exclaimed, making Mon an Song jump, surprised by her high tone.

- Yes. I'm meeting my best friend, who is my girl friend as well. You know her, mom. Ice has been here so many times and I've been to her place too. What's the problem? - Song didn't understand why her mother was acting like that.

- No problem at all. - Mon replied, grabbing Sam's hand. - Go and have fun. - she gave her a sweet smile.

- Thanks, mommy. - Song gave her a hug, while Mon was still confused by the word the kid had used. - I'll be back at dinner time! - she exclaimed, before she left the room. A few seconds later, they all could hear the doorbell ring and Song left the house with a huge smile on her face.

- She called me mommy? - Mon asked herself out loud. She was shining with the smile she had on. It was the first time Song had said that word to her, but it made her the happiest person. She liked that the kid saw her as a parental figure.

- She has a girlfriend? - Sam still hadn't processed that her daughter had called her best friend 'her girl friend'. She was only eight years old. She was too young to have a girlfriend.

- Did you... - the couple both turned to their side at the same time to look at the other. They both were so inside their own thoughts that, when they saw each other, they started laughing like kids.