Chapter 59

- Come on, Song! You can do this! - Sam shouted from the bleachers of the basketball court. Song was about to shoot the last free throw that could make her school team win the championship. Song made a little smile listening to her mother and, then, concentrated.

- She can do this. I'm sure of it. - Mon added, on a lower tone than Sam.

A few seconds later, Song shot the free throw, the last one of the match, and she scored. Everyone around Sam and Mon, themselves included, shouted in happiness. Song also jumped when she saw she had scored, making the final result of the match 65-64, and winning the game. All her teammates came to hug her and shouted with her that they were going to play in the playoffs of the tournament. And that excitement also made Mon and Sam hug happily. Even though it could have been uncomfortable, the moment deserved for them to hug like that.

- Okay, let's go greet your daughter. - Mon said when they separated, so things wouldn't be awkward between them. - She's played an amazing match and would like to see you. - Sam nodded and smiled at her.

A couple of minutes later, they came down the bleachers to find Song. When the kid found her mother, she jumped on top of her and Sam hugged her tight. Mon smiled looking at them. The brunette really loved her daughter and it showed.

- My baby. - Sam kissed her kid's cheeks while she talked. - You did amazing. You deserve to be in the playoffs. I'm so proud of you. - Song smiled widely and left her mother's arm to stand on the ground.

- Thank you, mom. You don't know how much I suffered seeing the scoreboard so tight. And, when I had to shoot the free throws, I panicked for a moment. But hearing your cheers made me concentrate and I scored! - Sam smiled and hugged her once more.

- You are great and you scored because you are the best. - they separated and Song realized Mon was beside her mother. She smiled at the woman, who came closer.

- Thank you for coming, Mon.

- Congratulations, Song. You were great and I enjoyed the match a lot. It reminded me of the match our university's team had that made them play in the playoffs as well. It was so exciting.

Sam made a half smile, remembering Kirk played that match.

- Mom, that was the one dad talked about a lot? When he was the captain of the team? - Song asked, looking at her mother.

- It was. And you are going to be as great of a player as he was.

Before Sam could say anything else, a few of Song's teammates came to cut short their conversation.

- Song, we're having ice cream nearby to celebrate. We're going with the coach. Do you want to come? - a blonde kid told her. Song turned her head towards her mother with a puppy look on her face.

- Can I? - she asked, trying to be as convincing as possible. Sam smiled at her.

- You don't have to convince me. You deserve it. So go and have fun. - Song was going to say something, but her mother stopped her. - But call me when you're done. I will pick you up myself. All right? - her kid nodded and hugged her.

- Thank you, mom. - they separated and Song followed her friends. That left Sam and Mon all along.

- So. - Mon said to break the silence between them. - Do you want to have a walk through the park until you have to pick up Song? - she wanted to talk to Sam and thought that now that they had time, they should invest it. The brunette didn't take too much time to think about it.

- I'd like a lot. - she smiled at Mon, making the woman smile back. She had wanted to spend some time alone, without any sexual tension between them, to talk about something that, in the end, was really important and they hadn't discussed yet. So a nice walk through the park could be a nice idea and moment to do so.