Chapter28: Jermaine and the War with the Russian Newborns

Chapter 28

Screams of Agony and pain echoed around Volterra. And fire and chaos were visible around the city. I glanced at Little Jane and I saw anger in her eyes.

" They tricked us. " was all Jane could say and then she beckoned for me to report to the Main Room. We ran in our incredible vampire speed.

When we arrived there Jasper was already there. I flung myself into his arms. And then I looked around, I saw the Olympic Coven: Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, and Edward. The High Council of the Volturi were there also. Aro, Marcus, Caius, Alec, of course, Jane, Athenodora, Sulipicia, Afton, Chelsea, Santiago, Renata, Heidi, Felix, and Demetri. And the other nineteen members of the guard including Landon and Sari. There was a total of thirty five Volturi. Six Cullens, and about ten other vampires whom I dont recognize but just by looking at them, power and strength were radiating from their beautiful faces.

" It is highly expected that they will be coming here in three days, but the Russian Army Of Newborns wants to have a little game with us. " Aro's dangerous voice rang nside the Throne Room.

All of us inside, growled like wild lions ready to take down our preys.

'' So..we will give them the game they want. " Marcus chimed in looking very fierce and unforgiving. Caius stood up from his throne, swept a quick glance around and with his mighty voice, he spoke.

" Let us fight. We should not be overthrown by those mediocres. " 

We laughed at Caius comment but we agreed with him.,

" I believe we have discussed our little game plan. Now, go! " Aro barked and then with our vampire speeds, we ran out of the castle.

In the "game plan" as what Master Aro wants to call it, I'm with Afton, Edward, and another Volturi whose name I still dont know. 

We ran down the city, and as we ran, my thoughts drifted to Jasper. I know he could take care of himself. And that's when, five Russian New Borns blocked our paths. 

My eyes glinted dangerously under the bright stars and then I went for the first Russian New born who was glaring at me. I wrestled with him and he was of course strong for a newborn. But I defeated him anyway with one snap of his neck and then I set fire on his body.

Afton and Edward and another Volturi whose name was Kitt, were wrestling with the three other newborns, I saw the tall, red haired newborn ready to pounce behind Edward. I could not let that happen. So, I crept up behind the redhead and easily snapped off his head. I heard Edward muttered a thanks as I set fire on all of the dead newborns who were killed by Kitt, Afton and Edward. 

My group headed to the center of the city and I saw numerous Russian Newborns fighting with some of the Volturi, and some of the other vampires from other covens who accepted the request and fight alongside with us Volturi.

I caught sight of my huband, Jasper fighting with a big new born. His size reminded me of Emmett, but Jasper took him down easily. 

And then..an idea popped out inside my head. What if.. what if..

What if I'l try to channel all of the Russian Newborns, snapped their heads mentally and set fire on their bodies?

But it's impossible. My gift is just the ability to manipulate fire. And that's when edward after taking down a small fifteen year old girl spoke.

'' Do not underestimate what you can do Bella. Try it. " 

I glowered at him and rolled my eyes. But my instincts are telling me that I should really try it.