Chapter 9

So, you asked for this.

This wasn't my original idea, but I like this one better. (:

ENJOY! (;

Chapter 9

Niall's POV

-----Six weeks later-----

"Babe, please? C'mon!" Liam whined for the thousandth time.

"No. Why do I need to go?" I asked him.

"Cause I'll miss you if you don't." He said. He turned his big brown puppy eyes at me and I knew there was no point in arguing.

"Can Harry and Louis at least join us?" I asked.

"I was just about to call them." He said. He kissed my cheek and ran out, smiling like a little kid.

This last month or so has been hard on them. The court and the police station closed the case on finding Darcy. I can tell they've both given up hope on ever finding their daughter.

Liam pulled me to the car and, after strapping Bella into her seat, we drove to the store.

"Liam?" I said softly. He hummed, glancing at me every so often.

"Do you think they'll find Darcy?" I heard him sigh as I asked this.

"Honestly?" I nodded. "No. I don't. I read into past case files including child kidnappings. Seventy five percent of kidnapped kids are killed within the first day of the kidnapping. It's been two months. What are the odds she's still alive?" He said sadly. I nodded.

"Don't repeat that though. Louis may be sad, but he can still hit. I still have the bruise he gave me for making fun of his cooking." Liam joked. I chuckled.

The rest of the car ride was silent. I wonder what Liam was thinking about.

Liam's POV

I hated seeing them both like this. It took a lot for me to convince them to come to the store today.

They haven't been there since Darcy got kidnapped.

It's been two months since they last saw their daughter.

Two months.

Eight weeks.

About 60 days!

I don't think I could do that. I could even leave for two weeks. But they didn't have a choice to see her, but they also didn't get to say good bye. They didn't get to tell her they love her before she was taken. It breaks my heart to see them like this. Louis has just about completely given up. The only reason I think he's still here is Harry and his twins. I don't think he'd let those two die, but he needed to start eating again.

Harry. Now Harry's trying to pretend he hasn't given up, but once Louis steps out of a room, he's basically in tears.

He knows his daughter isn't coming back.

"Liam?" Niall called.

"Huh? What?" I asked, confused for a second.

"Li, we've been parked for almost ten minutes. Are you okay?" He asked, resting his hands over mine that were still clutching the steering wheel.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah I'm fine." I said. From the tone of my voice, even I wasn't convinced.

"Liam?" He said slowly.

"Not now." I snapped. I looked up at him and his eyes were filling with tears. "Niall, I-" He opened the door and got out, cutting off my apology. He ran into the store and I sighed.

"Daddy?" Bella asked from the backseat.

"Hey, baby girl. What's up?" I asked, turning to face her.

"What's wrong with Papa?" She whispered.

"What do you mean 'what's wrong with papa'?" I asked.

"He is just confusing. One second he's crying, then he's happy, then he's mad, and then he runs away." She sniffled. "Does he love us?" She whimpered. I sighed and got out of the car. I went in the backseat and sat next to her. She held her arms out and I unbuckled her and pulled her into my lap.

"Yes, Papa loves us very, very much. Don't ever think he doesn't. He's just really stressed." I kissed her forehead and she nodded. "Now, dry your tears and let's go find him, yeah?" She nodded and wiped the tears off her face and gave me a small smile.

"There's Bella." I said, kissing her. She giggled. I loved how she was so easy to cheer up.

I stepped out of the car and bent back in to get her. She wanted to walk, but yeah, absolutely not. I held her hand tightly and walked into the store with her.

"C'mon, let's find Papa." I said.

"Liam!" A familiar voice yelled. Louis and Harry were walking over quickly.

"Hey guys. Have you seen Niall? He ran in here a few minutes ago. I accidently snapped at him." I said sheepishly. They shook their heads.

"We'll help look, yeah? I'll call or text if we find him." I nodded, thanked them and then ran off with Bella in tow.

"Liam?" A voice said. I've heard it before, but can't place the name. I turned to face the voice and was shocked.

"Josh!" I said.

"Hey Liam!" He said. I hugged him and pointed down to Bella.

"Josh, this is my daughter, Bella. Bella, this is my friend Josh." I said. I took her hand and guided it to Josh's and he looked at me funny. She still had her head down, so he hadn't seen her eyes.

She shook her head and backed up behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows. She wasn't shy.

"Bella, what's wrong?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I want Papa." She whimpered.

"We're trying to find him." I said.

Bella's gaze settled onto Josh and I saw his face flash with fear.

"It's fine. She doesn't mind it." I whispered.

"What's...?" He pointed to his eyes, and then pointed to her.

"She's blind." I said, stroking her hair.

I could have sworn I heard him mutter 'Thank god.' I looked up at him and he gave me a questioning glance.

"I, uh...I need to go." He stammered. I nodded, bid him goodbye, and then tugged Bella off to find Niall.

"D-Daddy?" Bella whimpered. I looked down at her and her eyes were filling with tears. One fell down her cheek and I knelt down to face her.

"What's wrong, baby girl?" I asked.

"He's the one." She said, pointing to Josh's retreating form.

"He's the one what?"

"He took Darcy."

BAM!!!

Betcha didn't see THAT coming!

Hehe. Comments? (: I love your comments guys. They make me smile (:

I think I might start dedicating the next chapter to the first person to comment or mentioning them in the author's note at the beginning. So, I'll keep it in mind. (: