21) Young & Beautiful

I needed to calm down and run somewhere where I wouldn't have to face anyone. I have fought with Zach before, but this time it affected me, it made a difference, and most importantly, it made me feel, even if it was frustration and anger, because before all of this, all I did was hate him, and I didn't care about him or anything else.

It's just that it took me years to realize how messed up my family is and how much trauma a child who never received parental affection can endure. It took me years to realize that I am nothing more than a project for my parents to be appreciated in the world. They only want me as a trophy to show how far their blood has prospered.

But then I met him - and it felt like everything was going to be okay. It was just that after meeting him after ages, I finally felt like I found someone who could understand me and story of why I am the way I am. I finally felt safe enough to stop pretending to be a version my parents created to flaunt me to this world.

I just felt like we were both damaged people, and I'm not sure why I got this glimmer of hope that maybe we could heal each other. So I wasn't expecting to be disappointed by his silence, but I was. I was disappointed because I had so much to say; I had never wanted to say so much to anyone before, but I did with him. But when he decided to leave when I had something to say, it brought back every disappointment I've ever had in my life, every time I needed to talk and my parents were never there.

I always thought that being with Zach would be hell. But like they say -

It's not hell if you like the way it burns. And I was starting to like whatever it was that we shared, be it the hell or that hellfire.

.

.

I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when I could hear my name being called -

"Serena"

That was when I actually took in my surroundings, I was so lost in my thought that I did not realize where I exactly was.

"What are doing here in the gazebo?" Sebastian asked

"Gazebo.." Oh I am at the Gazebo.."I just needed some time for myself Sebastian

"Zach shouldn't have said all that to you" He said

"No, he shouldn't have. But he did." I say

"That was way too rude, you are nothing like he spoke of you Serena" He said smiling and walking closer to me

"Sebastian.." I said walking back "Maybe you don't know me, I am so much more complicated."

"Maybe Serena but I know you don't deserve to hear all that" He said with a concerned look

"He didn't lie Sebastian, he shouldn't have said it but he did not lie." I say taking into the reality of the situation

"But Serena it was so out of line.." He goes on