6) Dark Paradise

"There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know."

"Please groan, please wake up and scream at me."

"Just please wake up" I was jolting him sprinkling some water.

With a jolt, he woke up - " Why am ... I on the floor "

Oh so he doesn't remember. He doesn't remember I hit him.

FUCKING ZACH. BEING IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME.

"Here, let me help you off the ground"

He was still blinking his eyes slowly trying to take everything in. He finally opened his eyes. In the little light from the candle I lit I could see his ocean blue eyes and the way they looked at me - like they looked at me so intently I was scared he might just kill me with that  stare. First it was just him looking at me, then there was this fury and rage filling up in his eyes as he held his head with his hands. 

Was he really in that much pain or was it just pure angry? Did he remember me hitting me? I mean I was supposed to be alone at home and he just dropped in with no warning, a girl ought to get scared right, that too when there is a blackout outside.

I extend my hand again to help me off the ground.

"Don't you dare, Kingston" He said in the coldest tone.

He tried getting up, after few attempts he slowly sat up looking at me so coldly I felt shivers pass through me in middle of a hot summer night.

"You hit me. YOU HIT ME WITH A TRAY. A FUCKING TRAY. " He was almost screaming

" I was alone, no one was supposed to be home. What was I supposed to do with an intruder in middle of a fucking blackout?"

"You could have called out - who's home?" He was still talking in a cold tone but at least he wasn't shouting.

I mean I could have actually, but no way in hell I was going to agree with him. 

" I could have but I would have hated to warn my intruder" I reply with a similar coldness in my eyes.

"You hit me Kingston, the least you can do is apologize." He said so much more calmer and much less colder. It was he felt suddenly at peace as he was getting his sorry back.

I mean I was wrong, not all wrong though. I was indeed protecting myself. But I did hurt him, we have hurt each other a million times but it was never physical. I didn't want to apologize to him but something in me felt I should. I did hit him with a fucking tray, thank heaven he is fine.

*"Bien, tonto, te golpeé, fue por mi protección, pero aún así te lastimé. Así que mejórate pronto y deja de hacerme estupideces como pedir perdón. Y esto mi amor es lo que me gusta llamar venganza." I looked deeply into his eyes just like he did while speaking in French.

Well now he wouldn't be the only satisfied one. NOW THE SCORES ARE EVEN. I had a content smile on my face. Now this is a perfect night, even more perfect than what I was having before because what I love the most is - Revenge.

He was stroked the side of his head, he definitely looked impressed with what I did there.

"Did you really apologize or just said a bunch of crap ?" He asked 

" I don't know, you tell me did you really apologize in French or just some crap" Now that the scores were even, we were back to square one.

I touched the back of his head, he looked startled. "Woah, What are you doing"

"Oh My God! You are really as dumb as I thought you were. I am not you so I won't kiss to make up. The reason you were so mad, I hit you, so let me see if you are bleeding or where it hit" As I went on to check there was a small bleeder, luckily it wasn't a lot. I cleaned it with water and did his first aid from the kitchen cabinet.