8) Our Little Secret

For all the girls who escape reality in between pages

Day 5

"You made me run ..... five---blocks after you" I was completely out of breath by the time the words could come out of my mouth.

He stopped for a bit, looked back at me with his blue eyes looking up and down at me, "Good. You could really do with some exercise. Maybe thank me later."

He went on again and damn he walks fast. I am running behind him in my fucking heels. Did I have to wear heels?

Goddammit.

"Zachhh"

"Zachhhhhhh"

I was frustrated. I wanted to scream. He did not even not even look back.

God he loves to annoy me.

" Benedict"

To that he turns back to. Huh. Men

He looked so angry but he turned back.

And oh how he hates that name. His middle name.

Benedict.

He was named Benedict after his great great grandfather, quite the fancy rich old name he got. 

He feels it makes him feel like rich old snub. I mean he isn't wrong, it does sound like that.

But he is already a rich snub. It will grow on to him as he grows old.

"Charlotte, LEAVE! Right now." he said rolling his eyes.

Charlotte! Oh the memories all come right back. We never called each other our first names in our childhood. It was always our middle names - Benedict and Charlotte. We loved annoying each other as we both equally hated our middle names.

No one else ever calls me Charlotte, I find Serena much more modern while Charlotte gives feels of old renaissance. I guess this what we get for coming from old money. Alongside the wealth, we also inherit their old names and the uncountable rules and standards to love by.

.

.

" You seem mad" I said staring into his cold dark eyes

"Well, I was already pissed at you and then you ---you called me Benedict" He said walking away

" Wait - what"

"We had deal, Serena. I know we hate each other but we had a deal. I am a man of my word. I waited for you yesterday, you didn't come. Instead you were out partying or so I heard." He said in a smoky voice with the coldest look in his icy cold eyes.

"A deal- " 

"Wow, that's rich even coming from you" He scowled

"I came here because I don't remember that night."

A smile crept on his face. I literally saw all the anger washing off out of his face when he realized he had the upper hand now because he remembers and I don't.

He was satisfied.

He started walking away smiling.

"Aren't you going to say anything"

"Not right now. I rather have this busy day ahead." He said turning into a small lane.

Wow, this is a small and narrow lane. I didn't even know Paris had such places. I followed him.

" I will pay you. Just tell me, for the love of god." I was desperate. 

" You know I am loaded too right or did you just forget that part." He said in a very pleasing yet sarcastic tone. I guess speaking in this manner is a skill one acquires growing up in high society.