20) Old Money

It was ten thirty already and I was late as I went in for to get changed and to bathe. I mean I wouldn't have been half an hour late if there was a damn shower in this place. There is only the bathtub and bathtubs are meant to be enjoyed. So yes, I spent some extra time in here. 

As I ran downstairs - I saw Martha

"Miss, please come with me. Miss Audrey has requested for you."

As we walked down the hallways to what I could only imagine to the other end of the Chateau. We finally reached the grand hall that led to the ballroom. 

.

.

It was the ballroom that could have summoned Cinderella, to feel the existence of a heart with such a strong soul-connection. It was as if I had walked right into a movie. I could imagine myself dancing in every nook and cranny of this place with some mysterious man. I could travel back in time to when all I wanted to be was a princess dancing in the ballroom while waiting for her prince.

Though childhood fantasies break down as you grow up to see the reality of this world. You begun to understand that Disney was all but an magical illusion of a dream that one day life will force you to wake up from. A girl learns it the hard way that she is enough for herself, she doesn't need prince charming to save her, all she needs is a throne to rule this world as the queen she is.

And what about happy endings - HAPPY ENDINGS??Sorry, but we don't live in Disney World

.

.

It was breathtaking in the eyes of the beholder, and as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But the further I walked, the clearer it became why we were here. We were here to practice ballroom dancing, which had been a family tradition for generations. It was a tradition in which young girls and boys danced while their parents planned their future, which meant a marriage alliance. A marriage alliance that will help them expand their business empires beyond their wildest dreams.

If anyone ever wondered how us old money folks get richer and richer by generations it is all due to these marriage alliances that they make

If anyone ever wondered how us old money folks get richer and richer by generations it is all due to these marriage alliances that they make. I did rather enjoy the architecture of this place. There was a grand piano in the middle of the Ballroom. Everything was perfectly set as per the traditions. As I was shuffling in my mind between admiring the beauty of this place to the reality of the place, I was brought back in the moment as the music started. Old money started playing.

.

.

"Serena you are late, come on in" Audrey said pulling me in

Just as I was pulled in, someone held my hands from behind, "Shall we?"

As I turned around the music had begun. There was this instructor who started telling everyone to begun the practise and to move about in circles. Just as the music surrounded the entire ballroom, it felt like Lana was really here. It filled every corner with it's verses and everyone around had already begun.