Chapter Eighteen:

~~•~~
Intense Drama
~~•~~

   Liam walked down the beach slowly. He was tapping his satchel each step he took. He was going down the beach towards the land bridge. He knew his mother was right. And he also knew that there was only one thing he could do. He took his time getting to Cassia and when he did, the Marguerite guards let him on in as if he was a royal himself. He walked over to the nursing room where Hendrix was being placed. He walked up to the door which was already open. He could hear Alexander's voice and then Hendrix's voice. He made a soft knock on the door as he walked in. Hendrix, Payton, and Alexander immediately turned to the door. Alexander smiled.
"Mr Liam!" Alexander said happily as he ran over to him. Liam smiled.
"Hey Alex." Liam said. Alexander grabbed Liam's hand.
"You go see daddy right? I overheard him saying he missed you. Can you please?" Alexander pleaded. Liam chuckled nervously.
"We'll see." Liam said. Alexander smiled and he turned to Hendrix.
"Bye!" Alexander said nicely before he ran off. Payton ran after him. Hendrix slowly sat up and he looked at Liam. Liam walked over to Hendrix and he sat down in a chair next to the bed Hendrix was in.
"You want something?" Hendrix questioned.
"No, I wanted to see how you were doing." Liam said.
"Gross. I am in waiting and worry. It's been almost two weeks and I still haven't seen Donny or my crew." Hendrix said.
"They have to find him remember, and then they have to sail back. That should take a solid three weeks." Liam said. Hendrix pouted.
"Yeah." Hendrix muttered. Liam looked at Hendrix.
"What are you gonna do now?" Liam asked.
"If I see Donny again, I'm gonna win his heart again. And then we will sail again. Donny loved to sail." Hendrix said.
"Yeah, he sailed with Drew all the time before." Liam said. Hendrix heard the name and he looked at Hendrix.
"Get out." Hendrix demanded. Liam sighed and started to stand. When he did, the satchel came to view to Hendrix. Hendrix looked at the satchel.
"Wait-" Hendrix muttered. Liam stopped moving and sat back down. Hendrix pointed at the satchel. Liam looked at Hendrix's finger then at his satchel. Liam slowly smiled and then he pulled the satchel off.
"Why isn't it burned yet?" Hendrix questioned. Liam chuckled nervously.
"I tried but I couldn't." Liam said.
"Why the fuck not?" Hendrix questioned. Liam set the satchel down on his lap.
"Because it's the only thing I have left of him." Liam said.
"You are supposed to burn all his things!" Hendrix yelled. Liam stood up.
"I loved him Hendrix. Do you think I was just gonna stand around and burn everything I had left of him?!" Liam yelled strictly. Hendrix flinched as he stared at Liam. Liam slowly sat back down.
"I'm afraid to burn it. I'm afraid that if i let him go, I won't get him back." Liam mumbled. Hendrix froze in shock. Liam trembled as he opened the satchel and pulled Drew's picture out.
"I'm afraid to lose him." Liam mumbled as a treat fell from his cheek. Hendrix frowned.
"Liam, Drew loved you too." Hendrix said.
"I know. And he died loving me too. I know it." Liam said, putting Drew's picture back into the satchel. Hendrix looked down at the ground.
"I accept you Liam. To be with Drew. To have been with Drew... but I know that everyone who ever knew Drew will never forget him. So you won't either." Hendrix declared. Liam looked up at Hendrix and he quickly wiped his tears away.
"Thank you Hendrix." Liam said softly. Hendrix smiled.

   Alexander ran up to his room but before he went inside, he saw Remmy's bedroom door. He quickly beelined for the door. He ran inside the bedroom.
"Daddy!" Alexander squealed. Remmy, whom was reading this one book at his desk, looke Dover at Alexander.
"What is it Alex?" Remmy asked. Alexander smiled.
"Mr Liam's in the castle. He's talking to Hendrix and said he might come see you!" Alexander cheered. Remmy quickly stood up and he shut his book. He didn't leave his book but instead, he took the book with him. He rushed downstairs and to the nursing room. He was about to walk in but then he heard Hendrix ask...
"So, what are you gonna do now?" Hendrix had asked. Remmy just stood behind the door to listen.
Liam looked at Hendrix.
"Travel probably. Maybe around Marguerite, Hijera, or Finelli?" Liam said with a shrug to his shoulders. Hendrix tilted his head in confusion.
"Did I get something wrong?" Hendrix asked.
"Eh?" Liam asked.
"I dunno, I though you and the king had something— just, you two seem close. Thought you were gonna stay near him." Hendrix said awkwardly. Liam looked at Hendrix and then down a little.
"I think I love the king very much, yes. But I don't think he understands what he's doing. Even I don't know what I'm doing. I'm confused is all." Liam explained. Hendrix smiled.
"Shouldn't you figure that out then, traveler?" Hendrix asked. Liam stood up.
"Funny. If you weren't already shit, then I'd turn ya to shit." Liam joked.
"Ya really gon' travel?" Hendrix asked. Liam shrugged his shoulders as he left the room. He started for the exit to leave Cassia.
Remmy stood there quietly, feeling a sharp pain in his chest, almost as if Liam's confusion was a brick hitting his head. He began to tremble before he rushed after Liam.
Liam was about to leave the castle when Remmy rounded the corner. Remmy stopped moving and threw his book at Liam's back. It hit Liam then dropped to the floor. Liam stopped walking and stood there for a moment. Then he turned around and looked down at the book.
"Ya hit me with a book." Liam muttered. Then he looked up at Remmy. He flinched. Remmy stood there glaring at Liam.
"Re-" Liam started.
"Page 340, Chapter 18, Part 4." Remmy said strictly, trying to hold back tears. Liam didn't understand for a moment then he looked down at the book. He belt down and lifted the book off the ground. He looked at the title. Which was A Heart So Fragile Must Be Trustworthy. Liam began to flip through the pages to get to 340 which Remmy spoke. When he got to the page, he looked at a fours part in the page. The first line read, "No one knows what they are doing when their feelings are involved." Liam stared at the quote, remembering that Remmy told him this. He slowly shut the book and looked over at Remmy.
"Ain't that true?" Liam said sarcastically. Remmy began to tremble more.
"Don't you understand?" Remmy muttered with a crack to his voice as if he wanted to cry. Liam stared at Remmy. Remmy began to cry now.
"Liam, I love you. I love you so much! And— I know what I'm doing right now. And I trust that it is the rightest thing I've done for a long time!" Remmy cried as tears ran down his cheeks. Liam's eyes almost glistened to the sound of Remmy's voice. In an instinct, he dropped the book and walked over to Remmy. When he got to him, he touched Remmy's cheeks and kissed him. Remmy quickly returned the kiss, putting his arms around Liam's neck. Liam held his arms around Remmy tightly before he pulled away from the kiss. He set his forehead on Remmy's.
"I love you very much Remmy. I don't want to leave you. I don't want to be away from you. I want to be with you. I know what I'm doing too, and I think it's the right choice." Liam said confidently. Remmy smiled and he quickly hugged Liam tightly.
"Then stay with me." Remmy pleaded. Liam nodded his head as he returned the hug.
"Forever." Liam said. Remmy smiled. Liam stood there in disbelief but he had a smile.
"Thank you." Remmy said softly. Liam immediately went blank. He pulled away and looked at Remmy.
"For what?" Liam questioned. There was no one to interrupt Remmy this time.
"Thank you for being here for me." Remmy said. Liam stared at Remmy with a smile. He quickly pulled Remmy into another kiss. Remmy returned the kiss immediately while wrapping his arms around Liam's shoulders. After a moment, Liam pulled away and looked at Remmy. He wanted to do something that he felt was right to do.
"Remmy, will you come with me? I gotta do something important." Liam asked nicely. Remmy looked at Liam and then he nodded slowly.
"Let me— let me go get my coat." Remmy said as he pulled away and walked off to go get his coat. When he came back, Liam was in the exact same spot the he was in before he left. He walked over to Liam with his coat on. Liam looked at Remmy and took his hand.
"What do you want to do?" Remmy asked curiously, holding Liam's hand gently. With his other hand, Liam took his satchel off.
"I want to burn this to Valhalla." Liam said. Remmy looked at Liam with confusion.
"But-" Remmy started.
"I always thought that if I burned this, I would lose everything of Drew's. But now I realize that this is just an object and a part of Drew will always be with me." Liam explained as he and Remmy walked out of the castle and towards the beach right below Cassia.
"You realize it now?" Remmy asked.
"Yeah, with your help." Liam said. Remmy looked at Liam and he smiled. They walked down onto the beach.
A freezing breeze flew passed them and the night sky lit up with the moon. Liam sat on his knees in the freezing snowy sand. Remmy stood there as moral support as that's why he agreed to go. Liam made a small raft that could sit the satchel on it just right. He held the satchel out and he closed his eyes tight.
"I'll always love you." Liam said softly and then he set the satchel on the raft. He set the raft down on the freezing waters of the Deep Blue. He let it float off into the waters. He stood up and watched it float off. Remmy stared at Liam.
"Are you ok?" Remmy asked. Liam sighed.
"I am." Liam said. Remmy walked over to Liam and took his hand. He held it softly. Liam smiled and lifted Remmy's hand. He kissed his hand and looked at Remmy. Remmy looked at Liam and then handed him a match. Liam took the match and lit it on fire. Then, he tossed it over to the raft. The raft, along with the satchel, began to burn. Liam took a deep breath in and then he turned to Remmy.
"Let's go back inside. It's freezing out here." Liam suggested. Remmy smiled and held Liam's hand tightly.
"Let's." Remmy said. Liam smiled. The two walked back into the castle where the temperature difference was phenomenally different.