Chapter Two:

—•—
Good Morning, My King
—•—

   Early morning? No, early noon. Oh, so it's in between? Why should I care? I'm the King, I can get up whenever I want too. Oh, but I can't...

   The curtains that hid the bright white clouds were pulled open by castle servants. The several windows released enough light to hit the large bed. Then, there was two claps, perfectly timed and in-sync.
"Good Morning, My King." One servant spoke out. The man that laid in the large bed sat up slowly. His hair was a mess and his eyes looked red from the lack of sleep. The servants all grew nervous. The servant who spoke had walked around the bed and bowed his head.
"My King, your mother had told us to make sure you wake up." The servant spoke.
"Why couldn't the assassin's kill my mother instead of my father?" The King asked.
"Incredibly rude of you my son. I had given birth to you." A woman spoke loudly as she walked into the large bedroom. She turned on a light and looked at the king.
"I take it back. I wish I was the one who was killed." The king spoke.
"Remmy, don't speak such awful things!" The woman complained, walking over to the bed.

    Remington, the King of the Castle, the ruler of Marguerite, a young man who'd wish his own death over anyone else's. He watched his mother Clarissa walk up to his bed.
"Now, Remmy, you are a 30 year old man and you still refuse to wake up at the right time like a king should." Clarissa complained as she pulled the covers off of Remmy. Remmy groaned in anger and laid back on the bed.
"I'm the King. I can get up whenever I want." Remmy complained, grabbing the covers and pulled them right back over himself. Clarissa, like a spoiled rich woman would always do, scoffed at the sight.
"Such insolence. Why didn't the assassins kill you instead?" Clarissa said with an upset tone. She walked out of the bedroom angered. Remmy covered his ears.
"My King, you must get up." The servant from before spoke. Remmy began to pout like a child. He sat up and kept his eyes closed.
"Prepare my clothes." Remmy demanded. Two of the servants, that stood next to the window, quickly rushed over to the large closet that connected the large bedroom and bathroom. Remmy stood up and held his arms up in a T position. One servant rushed to grab a robe to cover Remmy, seeing as Remmy only had a nightshirt and short nightshorts that he'd worn to bed. The servant got the robe and put it on Remmy for him. Remmy tied the robe together and walked over to his windows. He looked over at the North Bridge village across the Deep Blue. He watched the people walk up and down streets despite the cold. He saw children play on the beach as if it were a summer in the East. He touched the walls of the castle.
"How do you stand such cold, my Cassia?" Remmy asked, talking to the castle literally. A young lady servant walked into the bedroom and bowed her head.
"Good Morning, My King." The lady servant spoke. Remmy turned to the young woman.
"What is it?" Remmy asked.
"Your mother wants you to wake your son up." The lady servant said. Remmy stared at the lady servant then turned back to the window.
"You wake him for me and tell her I did." Remmy demanded.
"Yes my king." The lady servant spoke as she left. Remmy walked closer to the window and touched it. He could feel the cold.
"How cold is it out there?" Remmy asked.
"That shouldn't concern you my king. You don't go out anyways." The servant, that spoke before, said. Remmy turned to that one servant.
"Becker, how cold is it out there?" Remmy asked strictly. The servant Becker bowed his head.
"Below freezing my king. 13° at most." Becker answered. Remmy turned around and stared out at the village again.
"My villagers are strong." Remmy said.
"Why's that, my king?" Becker asked. The two servants from before came back out of the closet with Remmy's clothes.
"They can work, live, and play in that freezing temperature, as if it wasn't anything. I wouldn't be able to last a day." Remmy said. Becker walked over to Remmy and looked down at two gravestones that were placed in the royal garden, which isn't a garden anymore.
"I'm sure you could last longer then a day out there." Becker said. Remmy looked at Becker with confusion.
"Why do you think that?" Remmy asked. Becker smiled and turned to Remmy. His hands were behind his back.
"My king, I don't think it. I know it. I know you. And I knew Victoria. So I know you could survive out there." Becker explained casually. Remmy frowned and turned around. He walked over to his bed where the two servants set his clothes. He started getting dressed and as he did so, the servants made Remmy's bed and they started cleaning everything else for Remmy's likings.