Chapter Eight:

—•—
It's A War
—•—

The horse made a grunt when Nate fed them carrots. They shuffled which jangled the wagon. The wagon in which was filled with water. The degrees at Nautica be 80 so it melted the snow that was left of the wagon. As to say, it flooded the wagon. Nate worked on fixing that.
Sooner then later, Corey got onto the wagon to be Alexander and Remmy's escort to the war camp. Alexander ran to the wagon with his jacket, which he had no reason to wear anymore, and his teddy bear. Corey lifted Alexander up into the wagon and set him down where it wasn't wet. He looked at the door afterwards, waiting for Remmy to come out. Remmy grabbed his jacket and walked towards the door. He had the urge to stop. So he did and he flipped around. Which was where Liam and Marilyn were at. He stared at the two and actually bowed his head.
"Thank you so much for saving my life and risking your twos." Remmy spoke confidently. Liam and Marilyn stopped speaking to each other and their directions were turned to Remmy. Remmy lifted his head and looked at the two bear commoners.
"My king, we hadn't done anything." Marilyn spoke.
"Miss Jay, you kept us warm with blankets. And Liam, Corey spoke and said it was your plan to save me and my son. So I have a reason to thank both of you." Remmy explained, very shortly to get it over with. Afterwards, he left the house and got on the carriage. That was when Nate hit the reins and the horse giddied off to the North side of the Port.

Nate slowed the wagon down when he came up to the war camp. It came to a full stop at wall. There were guards on the top of the wall. A large metal door opened up and the general of the Marguerite army came out as an escort. He'd seen the king and the prince.
"My king, my young prince." The genera spoke calmly, bowing his head then holding a hand out. Remmy looked at Corey. Corey bowed his head. Remmy then took the generals hand and hopped on the wagon. He picked up Alexander and set him down.
"Welcome to Nautica Marguerite Camp. We set up a lodge for you and my young prince so you would be comfortable. Also, fresh clothes. We are all prepared to sacrifice our lives for your safely while you are here my king." The general spoke out generously. Remmy smiled and nodded his head.
"Understood. Thank you." Remmy spoke. The general turned around and began to walk. This meant that Remmy and Alexander were to follow and they did just that. Before they walked through the doors, Remmy waved his hand goodbye to Nate and Corey. The two both waved back.
Remmy got to change his clothes and be inside a nice cooled room where the heat couldn't come in except at nights. Alexander got to sleep in a small connecting room where he could have his own place to sleep.

That night, Liam brought Jean on land so he could meet his mother again. He brought him to the house, making sure he wasn't drunk.
"I can't wait ta see mama again." Jean said excitedly. Liam let out a chuckle.
"You always acted like a third child to my mum." Liam said, walking up to the door.
"Cause I am!" Jean said proudly. Liam chuckled a little more and opened the door.
"Mum, I've got Jean." Liam spoke out. Marilyn was trying to cook something in the kitchen with the little supplies they had. She stopped working when she heard Jean's name. Liam walked in and then Jean. After Jean walked in, Liam shut the door. Corey was laying on the couch with his eyes closed, presumably asleep. And Nate had left to go see his wife and kids. Marilyn walked around the counter and saw Jean. Jean was almost like a stray dog finding his momma. He ran over to Marilyn and hugged her. Marilyn smiled and returned the hug.
"Mama!" Jean squealed. That woke Corey up. His eyes opened quickly and he sat up. And he saw Jean. Liam smiled.
"You've grown up so much baby." Marilyn said, pulling away from Jean and holding his cheeks to look at his face. Jean smiled happily.
"Ew, he's here." Corey said. Jean and Marilyn looked at Corey.
"Corey, don't be rude." Marilyn spoke.
"He's a pirate mum." Corey spoke. Marilyn looked at Jean and then Liam. Jean walked over to the couch.
"I'm well hygiene'd fowa pirate and my clothes are well taken care of." Jean said nicely. Corey rolled his eyes feeling annoyed so he laid back down. Jean shrugged his shoulders and thought nothing of it.
"Tis' alright, I need'uhm some sleep anyways." Jean said.
"Oh, are you leaving now?" Marilyn asked. Jean chuckled.
"Hell nah. I got ta see ya again, so now I mus' come back later. Liam, we be stayin' anotha few days." Jean said. Liam smiled.
"If ya can afford it." Liam said nicely.
"Ima pirate. Of course I can afford it." Jean said with a soft snicker afterwards. And then, right after, he fell back on top of Corey and laid there. Marilyn and Liam laughed at Corey's screams and Jean complained to the sounds and screams that Corey made.
Jean wanted to stay for dinner but he couldn't leave his crew unfed. Marilyn said that if Jean would give her some money, she could make dinner for all the crew and her family. He agreed to have that feast but only if they could be on the ship. Marilyn agreed and so did Corey. They had a good feast on the Treasured Gold that evening and they were loud. So loud, half the port could've heard them.