Chapter Thirteen:

~~•~~
Two Ships Sunk
~~•~~

That evening, the typhoon dissolved. Liam fell asleep on Remmy's shoulder. The water on the deck was nearly waist high and the buckets were all swept off into the ocean. So Jean and the crew had to go around the ship and shove a knife into the sides so water would start to drain from the deck. Jean and Marcel made their way into the quarters. Jean looked at the water. And he felt relieved when he saw that his false wall was shut. The false wall is a sealed door so no water could've swelled into the bedroom. Jean and Marcel looked over at the royals and Liam. Jean quickly turned to Corey.
"Marcel, stab one on that side." Jean demanded. Marcel nodded and pulled out a knife. He walked over to the wall, a few feet away from the bench that Remmy, Alexander, and Liam were on, and stabbed his knife into it near the ground a couple time. When he did that, water started to drain from the quarter right away. Jean stabbed another hole on the opposite side. Once he did that, he put his knife away and rushed up to Corey. He took Corey's hands.
"Are you ok?" Jean asked, looking at Corey's face and body to make sure he really was ok.
"I'm fine." Corey spoke. Jean looked at Corey's face and made direct eye contact. Jean immediately felt that he'd crossed the line. He let go of Corey's hands and looked away.
"Good." Jean spoke. Corey's eyes were led to a few bleeding scratch marks on Jean's arm, chin, and forehead. Corey quickly lifted Jean's head and looked at the one on his chin.
"But you aren't." Corey said. Jean looked at Corey.
"One of the waves pushed me down on Joe and his knife swiped me." Jean answered softly. Corey took Jean's hand.
"Sit." Corey pleaded. Jean sat down slowly, next to Corey, following Corey's plead. Corey looked at the scratch on Jean's forehead. Jean's self control was definitely something that couldn't be temped with like it was right now.
"At least they aren't deep." Corey said. Jean had red cheeks now. And he was pretty warm. Then he stood back up. Before he was gonna walk away, Corey grabbed his hand.
"What's wrong with Liam?" Corey asked. Jean looked at Corey for a moment then he turned to Liam. Remmy had heard Corey and he couldn't help but look at Jean for an answer.
"What do you mean?" Jean asked, turning back to Corey. Marcel was putting his knife back in his pocket while he looked out one of the holes that were draining all the water.
"He had a flashback." Marcel said, answering Corey. Jean flinched and turned to Marcel.
"About?" Remmy asked softly, out of curiosity. Corey had a hunch but he didn't think much of it. Jean looked at Liam quickly and he began to sulk. He quickly walked out of the quarters. Marcel walked over to Remmy.
"I'll take 'em." Marcel said, holding his hands out to grab Liam.
"It's fine." Remmy spoke. Corey and Marcel turned to Remmy.
"Huh?" Marcel questioned.
"He's comfortable. His breathing went back down to normal when he fell asleep." Remmy explained nicely. Marcel turned to Liam and he pulled his hands away. He stood straight and nodded.
"What flashback did he have?" Corey asked. Marcel looked at Corey nervously.
"Jean doesn't like us talking about it because it's about Liam. And... well, it's technically Jean's old second hand man's fault." Marcel explained awkwardly, trying to speak normal enough for Corey to understand, instead of speaking pirate slang.
"Liam is my brother. And I know a lot." Corey spoke out.
"Even about Drew?" Marcel questioned, tilting his head curiously.
"Of course." Corey said. Remmy looked at Corey with confusion.
"Who's Drew?" Remmy asked. Marcel and Corey turned to Remmy. Corey slowly looked down at the draining water.
"Liam's former husband." Corey spoke, looking back to Remmy. Marcel and Corey expected Remmy to be disgusted... maybe? Remmy stared at Corey, trying to understand. He looked at Corey and then to Liam. He looked back to Corey.
"He had a husband? He's— he's a homo?" Remmy questioned. Corey nodded.
"Jean blames himself for Drew's death along with all the men that were killed alongside him." Marcel spoke quickly. Corey and Remmy looked at Marcel.
"It's— well, a long story I guess. All I can say is that Jean and Joe's old helm steerer convinced them to do something which led to the death to more then half the crew." Marcel explained.
"Who was he?" Corey asked, standing up curiously.
"Heh... it won't matter now. Jean kicked him off the crew." Marcel said, walking away. Corey watched Marcel leave then he slowly sat back down.
"He's my brother, yet he has so many secrets that are kept, not even as secrets to others." Corey mumbled out loud with an upsetting tone. Remmy looked at Corey.
"I myself am very confused. Liam had a husband? Who I assume is dead now?" Remmy questioned. Corey crossed his arms in disappointment. He looked down slowly.
"Liam's husband Drew drowned when he was thrown off the deck by the mast." Corey explained shortly. He looked up to Remmy. Remmy turned to Liam.
"He seems so— so lively though-" Remmy mumbled. Corey shrugged his shoulders. Remmy stroked the top of Liam's head softly a couple times continuously. He wanted to make sure he would stay comfortable.