Lonley

Announcement

The art is just a sketch to show a room or to make the chapter more welcoming

So I'm sorry that it'll look so ugly

Anyway hope you enjoy

NO POV

Tord woke up to the sound of children's laughter.

you'd think it's a great start to the day.
Unfortunately for Tord, that sound was just a distant memory playing in his head.

Fully aware of this, he still found himself stupidly hoping to see if the laughter was real as he gazed out the window.

Of course, it wasn't. Tord let out a painful sigh, watching the empty garden below,
Not only there weren't any children in the castle in the first place, but the kids he longed to see had grown up, much like himself.

All this was because of his own bad choices and he knew that, Yet Tord couldn't help but miss his friends,
especially now when his guardians: Paul and Patryck, moved on to better jobs.
and while he wanted to be happy for them, every thought in his head wished they'd stayed with him.

Lost in his thoughts, the knocking at the door broke through, and the 3 loudly worried maids got him distracted from his loneliness.
the one maid who burst through the door exclaimed "Deres høyhet, er alt i orden?" ("Your highness, is everything alright?")

Tord looked at the other two maids, one holding his clothes and the other with his schedule.
They all seemed concerned. Although, Tord couldn't decide if it was because of him or the fact that the maid burst through the prince's door without permission – the second one, he believed.

"Jeg så akkurat på denne vakre dagen. Den er lammende, synes du ikke?"
("I was just watching this beautiful day. It's paralyzing, don't you think?")
The most concerned maid hesitated.
Tord saw the other two sigh in relief and then angrily touch the first maid's shoulder to signal not to push any longer or else there would be consequences.

"Jeg antar at det er en fantastisk dag ute... Vel, da er badet ditt klart, varmt vann venter bare på deg. Fortsett, gjør deg ren og spis frokost. Timeplanen din vil vente på deg på rommet ditt."
("I suppose it is a wonderful day outside... Well then, your bath is ready, warm water waiting just for you. Go on, get clean and have breakfast. Your schedule will wait for you in your room")
the first maid said.

Tord couldn't lie and say there wasn't a part of him who wanted the maid to worry for him like his old bodyguards did, but the rules wouldn't allow her to.
So, Tord just expressed his gratitude and walked to the maid with his clothes.
She spoke, "Alt annet, som håndkleet ditt, venter på badet." ("Anything else, like your towel, awaits at the bathroom.") Her fake smile was easy to notice.

Tord didn't care, not anymore and just started making his way to the bath.
The thing was that one of Tord's only permits was to take his own clothes to the bathroom.
However today, the maids brought them to his room, it annoyed him.
Tord liked walking through the laundry room to see the maids folding his clothes.
He planned to 'politely' request later that they wouldn't repeat the action.

Thinking all this while getting ready for his bath, Tord found himself back to the thoughts and feelings of loneliness.
He didn't want to ponder on any of it, so he showered quickly.

Now in his clothes, he opened his bedroom to the smell of bacon – something he really needed today.
Eating slowly while reading his schedule, he said to himself,
"Today's going to be rather dull it seems "
slipping off the comment in the foreign language he used with his old friends.

There were no training classes for today.
Although it was uneventful, training class was the most difficult for him, or in his words, the most challenging class.

Finishing his plate, Tord, as usual, walked to the kitchen to bring the plate back for cleanup. After a few minutes of unsuccessful attempts of small talk with the maids, Tord left.
with a groan and the echoes of his footsteps in the quiet corridors.
The prince embraced the fact his day isn't going to get any more interesting in the medieval castle.

A/n!!

I'm rewriting the book to get back into business and for you not to suffer from my old poor writing .
I'm too lazy to redraw the sketches so sorry about that.

If you enjoyed pls vote and comment! It's really great hearing from you!
and see you in the next chapter ^^