"All right, but you better be fast!", Claire told her.

Ever since that day, Holly had been obssessed with Wings of Fire.
Her sketchbook was filled with drawings of Nightwings, Leafwings, and Sandwings.
She really related with Cricket, the scientific bookworm.

  Holly couldn't help but sigh. The thought of science reminded her of her argument with her Dad.
Homeschool meant that she had more time to read. And if her dyslexia ever gave her trouble, she could ask Mom for help. She wouldn't be able to do that at a public school. And the people. Whenever Holly went near anyone she didn't know, she always flung something. She either said something weird, did something weird, or looked at something weird. And every time 
That happened, it meant a week of her grandmother scolding her and her mom for her "unlady-like behavior". The last time that happened, she made it particularly difficult on Holly's mom, which was Holly's fault, according to her dad.
Holly shook her head and opened her book.

Suddenly, a video zipped through her head.
She heard a voice saying, "I see you, human!"
She could have sworn she was flying right next to Blue, Cricket, and Swordtail through a cluster of vines and brush.

  But when she blinked, she realized she'd somehow rolled down the snowy hill and hit her arm on a metal trash-can.
She winced and cradled her arm.
  "Ow."

  Two boys who had been watching her were now laughing.
  "Oh you poor, poor girl! What's wrong? Did your story knock you off of your feet?"
They burst into another fit of laughter.

  I'll knock you off your feet. Just you wait.

  Holly climbed back up the bank and sat down on the branch of a tall oak.
She moved away some of the sharp sticks, then settled down and turned the pages of the book again.

   Suddenly, she found herself falling, falling, falling off the tree.
  She opened her mouth to cry out, but the sound never came.
 She closed her eyes and braced for empact.

  This is going to hurt.

  But the empact never came.
Which wasn't quite as reasuring as it should have been, because when she opened her eyes, something felt . . . strange.
Her body didn't quite feel the same.
She somehow felt more agile, like she could fly to the peak of the Empire State Building and still have energy to keep going all the way to Alaska.

  The trees here were greener than the ones at the park, and there were way more of them, which was weird, because that was the only park in the area, and Holly was pretty sure nobody could have planted trees that fast. There also was no snow anywhere in sight.

   She could hear quite clearly noises coming from somewhere up ahead. They sounded like roars. More specifically, they sounded like the T-rex  from Jurasic Park, a movie she was pretty familiar with, given that her sister, Lilly watched at least once every week.
  Jumping from the ground onto the lowest branch and onto the one directly above it, Holly headed towards the sounds. When she got closer, she could detect words in the growls. And as the distance between her and the source shrunk, she could tell that whatever the sounds were coming from was talking, not screaming.

  As the leaves blew in the wind, she peeked through them, then peeked again to double check what she was seeing.
  She gasped
Three, no, four dragons were in front of her perch; one of them was inside of a pouch around another one's neck.

  Dragons.
Real dragons!
I am definitely not in New York anymore.

Where have I seen them before?
What was that thing I was reading . . . .  it was, what, my favorite series?
Why can't I remember?