Chapter 24: The Battle Begins!

Italic and underline means that you're talking in your mind

Italic and Bold means sound effects

A/n: Thank you for 15k reads! I'm really grateful about how many people have been reading this story, as I have only started publishing this last month. Again, thank you very much for all of the votes and reads!

Also sorry about this chapter also being late, I've been quite busy often, but I'll try to update chapters as much as I can!

Enjoy

___________________________________

Luffy squinted his eyes, until they sparkled.

"(Y/n)! You didn't tell me your were going to be here!"

"Sorry, but it's been a long time right? Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Of course I am! Ne ne, what do you think of my crew?"

"They're pretty cool! I bet you're crew will be really strong in the future!"

"(Y/n) you didn't forget your promise right?"

Promise? Promise... OH SHIT.

I forgot that I told him I'd join his crew if he finds me here...

"Luffy, I said if you find me! But in this case, I found you so this doesn't count!"

"Ehhh?? That's not fair (Y/n)!"

"Oh yeah! I wanted to give you something Luffy."

You dig into your bag and searched for the item you were looking for. While you were digging into your bag, you felt a Devil fruit in there.

Oh. I forgot about this.

(Look back at Chapter 12!)

"Aha! I found it."

You handed out a piece of paper to Luffy.

"A piece of paper? What does this do?"

"Eh? You don't want it? I guess I'll take it back then-"

"No I'll keep it!"

"Ok~"

The crew looked at you both in shock. Ace was surprised to see you there, but happy anyways.

"Luffy.. you know her?"

"Yeah! She's my first best friend!"

"No, she was my first best friend."

Ace butted into the conversation.

"No she was my first best friend!"

"No mine!"

"Mine!"

You sighed. Ace decided to butt in and argue with Luffy.

"Both of you be quiet. You're being too loud, and annoying Luffy's crew. By the way, Ace, are you looking for Blackbeard?"

The crew finally sighed relieved that their fight was over. What a childish fight indeed. Ace wasn't as mature as they thought.

"Yeah, even though you saved Thatch, I couldn't let a traitor get away. Especially since he's in my division."

Yes. You did save Thatch.

——————-
~flashback~

It was a stormy night and you were helping Thatch out in the kitchen. About 2 hours ago you got on board to visit them. Thatch was going to be alone if you weren't there, so you knew that Teach would attack now. But he wouldn't attack when your here right?