Chapter 10: Aura

Published: 24/12/22
°☆~/|1835 words|\~☆°
Pov: Third person

As Grian and Mumbo were walking out of the End City, Grian noticed that a few strips of Mumbo's hair turned Mulberry. Just because his hair is dark-coloured, that doesn't mean I wouldn't notice. Mulberry... it's the colour of the possessors. They do what's in their name: Possess. Their power only works when the possessor knows where the target is. If they've taken control of Mumbo, that means they know what we are.

Grian turned to "Mumbo" and spoke one last thing to him. "Sorry for this, it's going to hurt." He then tackled Mumbo by pinning him down and knocking him out. Afterwards, Grian sat down right outside the entrance of the End City. This should make it go away, I don't want to do what's nesseceny when it doesn't.

\*[#.<÷>.#]*/

"W-what happened Grian?..."

Grian sat up instantly.

"Why does my head have this v-voice thing?"

Shit.
"What does the voice say?"

"I... don't know. It's like whispering some... some chants! It sounds angered!"

"Mumbo, I need you to listen to me. But please keep this a secret. I need you to let me possess you in order to get it out of your head. If I don't get it out of your head, it will take control of your body permanently."

"I- How are you going to possess me?" he asked in utter confusion and curiosity.

"I'll explain afterwards, we don't have much time" Grian tried to emphasize further but the clock was ticking. Quite quickly. "You need to lay your body down and relax. Except that I will be taking control of your brain for a while. That way it's easier and more efficient to possess you."

Mumbo slightly, just slightly, hesitated before laying down.

Grian lowered his head so Mumbo couldn't see it as he spoke. "Don't worry this won't hurt a bit."

Grian started to take control. From a glance as the last of his consciousness left, Mumbo saw that his eyes were lavender.

Shit.

~|\•-•/|~
~|/•-•\|~

"How are we going to get to the End Watcher Dimension exactly?" Pearl questioned.

Xisuma spoke up. "Well I could change up our codes to transport us there, there's a problem though." he paused. "It'll be hard to avoid the Watchers as the codes are going to be hard to write and teleport us to a place where they would detect us. It'll take me a long time to bring us to a more accurate location than get there faster but riskier. Should we take our chances?"

"I think we need the safer way, we can't lose more hermits trying to be fast." Keralis (that for once looked much more serious unlike his skin) answered. The hermits agreed, the slow way was safer, especially of the fact that when a Watcher kills, the player does not respawn. Which is for certain, a very very big deal. The only other times where you can get perma-deathed from is spawn kill (If it's done with malicious doings) or getting killed by each individual player's most feared mob (varies from player to player) for fifteen times in a row. The second one is rarer but not impossible.

As the hermits were letting Xisuma for some quiet time so he could peaceful code, a confusing but alerting message broke out in the chat.

The message?

MumboJumbo has teleported to *coordinates for the shopping districts in the respective seasons*

What? Spread through the hermits' minds but more importantly how?