Chapter 23

Y/n

"Alright class. Yesterday was our last day to work on our packet. Today we will do our test, tomorrow we don't got school. We will be out for a month until then." The teacher said.

1st hour was boring. I was sitting down, my bouncing leg, and my cracking knuckles. While Kevin was right next to me, he seemed more quiet than usual. He did say hi to me, but he didn't say anything else to me.

He was also being a lot more distante. I'm not sure how I felt about that, I was partly relieved that he wasn't being pushy and talky today. But the other half of me was sad, sad because he wasn't trying to talk to me, that he probably hates me now.

I had it coming though. I wasn't talking to him, so neither should he. I'm not mad at him, just a little sad. But it's okay, I don't need him to talk to me. Even though I want him to, I just need to pay attention to the teacher, and whatever we are talking about.

I pulled my focus back onto the teacher and their words. But my mind kept thinking about Kevin, then I started to over think.

Did he hate me? Did he suddenly stop trying to talk to me? Was he having a rough morning? Or did he just not want to talk to me? I felt a little sad, I hadn't shown effort to our friendship. Maybe he finally realized that he deserved better.

The teacher stopped talking, then I saw other people getting their notebooks out. Unfortunately, I didn't have one. I never needed one.

Geez it's like almost a month into school and I don't even got my stuff. I was about to raise my hand, but I saw the teacher yelling at a kid for forgetting their notebook. So nope I'm not gonna ask.

But I need a notebook, I turned around to see if Diego was here. So I could ask him. I looked at his seat, empty. Where was he? He wasn't even answering my calls or texts. What if something happened to him?

I looked to my side, and saw Kevin getting his notebook out. I noticed he had 2 of them, I guess I'll ask him. But I felt very nervous, for just asking Kevin. What if he was mad at me? He probably was, I wouldn't blame him. I've been shutting him out all week long.

I tapped his shoulder," Kevin." I whispered. He turned to me, his eyes looked tired as his body was still facing forward. Usually, he would face his full body to me. I guess he really hates me.

"Hm?" His voice sounded deeper, like his morning voice. He did sound a little bit bothered, should I even ask him? I don't want to bother him. But just saying never mind might just annoy him even more.

"Can I use one of your notebooks?" I asked softly and quietly. He nodded, then took his notebook and gave it to me. I grabbed it, and I could feel his cold hands. When he handed me the notebook, I made sure to feel his hand a little bit more longer.

Not to long, just enough to feel his hands. They were cold, but soft. I did notice that he was wearing a hoodie, and sweet pants. He might be a little sick? But if he was why would he be at school?

After Kevin handed me his notebook, he started to write down what the teacher had at the bored. I wasn't sure what we were doing, I wasn't even sure if Kevin was doing the right thing. But I did as Kevin did.

As I wrote down, I couldn't help but keep thinking about Kevin. His hands, his lips, his eyes. Everything about him. I've been thinking about him a lot more often. I'm not sure why, but I just know I have a small crush on him.

I don't want to accept it, but keeping it away is only gonna make it worse. Sure I can have a crush, but I just won't date him. Because what about Luis? I mean yeah he could be dating someone right now. But he wouldn't, I've known him for a long time.